Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK Finally got my turbo GT sent to the dyno/tuner.

I'll let you know what she puts down when I get her back.

EDIT: 460RWHP/500RWTQ

Mods are:
Stock Short Block
MHS Stage 3 Heads
Hi Tech Stage 2 Cams
Accufab 70MM TB/Plenum
On3 Performance Turbo Setup 6-8psi
Walbro 255 LPH pump
60# injectors
Calibrated 60# Blow Thru MAF
Hallman Manual Boost Controller
Autolite 103 .025" gap.

Closest guess gets some reps. Also if you're interested in the build thus far, click the link in my sig.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Damn nice build. Seems like itll make a lot of power on the stock bottom end, what turbo is it?

I say 496rwhp

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've put a lot of work in the last few months.

It's the basic on3 turbo. I bought the kit pre owned but never installed.

Oh and just a note. My tuner has advised me that his dyno reads a tad low. I believe its a dynojet 444 or something. He said numbers are similar to a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
That thing may put out to much to make it back from the dyno. High 400's on low timing with a ton of mid range tq

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I hope that it doesn't make too much for the stock bottom end.

I have a built motor in the works but it's probably not gonna be ready til winter. I'm only aiming for 450.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Just looked at your build list alittle more. The focus pump wont support as much power as youll be making. With the turbo at 6 or 8psi, cams and heads, you should have no problem making over 450rwhp. Which I think your pump will max. A boost a pump will help you out a lot.

Also, I could be wrong, but isnt a 0.025" gap to small? Probally be better off around 0.032 to 0.035.

So I change my numbers to 435rwhp and you maxing your pump.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
The pump Will be maxed before or at 400 bro

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just the fact that you're running a turbo that's non-parasitic and have some huge improvements in the heads/cams ... I'm with everyone ... the pump will max out before you come close to what it could really make.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are they hitech turbo cams or n/a cams? If they are n/a cams, spool is gonna be down and you'll blow a lot of boost out the exhaust valve. I'm gonna guess he won't finish tuning it though because of the fuel issue. Lol

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I will be able to do 430ish safley, u can hit 450, but it will probably be pretty lean

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are the na cams. I don't think that 1 degree of overlap less than a turbo cam is going to hurt me much.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called my tuner and h said that he did a similar car that mad over 420 with the in tank pump. Although he did say it was close.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ModularHeadShop Bullet Cams

Hitech Ford 4.6 / 5.4 2V N/A Stage 2 Camshafts

There is at least 3* difference in LSA, which is the average of the intake and exhaust centerlines. In turbo cams, there is 10* separation between the intake and exhaust centerline, and in N/A cams there is little difference in the intake and exhaust centerlines. You would be surprised how much difference there would be between the cam you have and a nice stage 1-2 turbo cam, especially running a 70mm turbo. With the heads you have and a nice set of turbo cams, that setup should be capable of close to 700rwhp through the stock plastic intake, if you had the fuel and the shortblock that could handle it of course.

And if you changed the pump to a Walbro 255lph, you'd be able to push it farther. But at this point, I wouldnt worry about fuel. I'd worry about your shortblock. You push that over 450rwhp and its gonna pop, especially if you dont have the fuel to support that power.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Dude yeah you need a Boost A Pump -- I wouldn't mess around.

Also it's not what power that car will make b/c I bet I would make close to 500 HP it is how much fuel you will get and when those stock rods will bust.

There really isn't a guessing game here b/c You wouldn't want to tune it over 420 RWHP at all. I wouldn't even go that hight to be honest.

I would run the lowest boost needed to get you to 400 RWHP till you can afford a shortblock man!!

Seriously

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
yeah GAP the plugs at .035 man !!! What he said above

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Called my tuner and h said that he did a similar car that mad over 420 with the in tank pump. Although he did say it was close.
IMOP A good tuner will tell you what to do to ensure you will be ok not to be cutting it close. It is never good to cut it close w/ fuel IMOP :yes ??

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must have done the math wrong win comparing cam then. Also it is a walbro 255.

I'm looking into a bap now. Waiting for they guy to call me back. I know it's pushing Te block so I'm going ad low on the boost a I can. I honestly expect 420+ on 6 psi so I hope that the na cams will hold me back some.

The shortblock is in the works now. Just not gonna be ready for a while. There is no doubt in my mind that she could make 700 with some turbo cams and a fuel setup to support it in addition to a shortblock.

If the pump maxs out I'll buy the bap but if I can keep her around 400-420 without being really close to running lean Ill hold off until I can get the fuel setup I need for 600 plus.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts