Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any turbo guys think about running a small shot of nitrous just to get off the line?
not now with this motor but i've been considering something small like a 50shot to just to spray to get outta first gear

any one try this or have any comment on NOT doing this

please ignore the fact of how many cylinders my car has

just considering having it staged at the line and those lil botton at the pedal when i hit WOT then after first shut it off

or button pressor would be better?

looking for the safest but most effective

thanks to any helpful responses

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're having trouble getting out of first gear, then buy a higher gear ratio in your rear-end. If you have an automatic, buy a higher stall speed torque converter to launch you at higher rpms.

I do not recommend running a dual power adder (nitrous + blower/turbo) unless you have a heavily built engine AND are running a wet plate system.

4.10s or 4.30s should launch you out of first. If you have the V6 7.5" rear, I strongly urge you to upgrade to an 8.8" rear with the gear swap. You will save yourself a lot of time and aggravation.

Playing with nitrous and a supercharger/turbo is playing with fire. Sure, it can be done, but I do not recommend it.

If you have a spare nitrous kit hanging around, run an intercooler chiller. You will not gain any power from it, but it will help prevent detonation.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
If you're having trouble getting out of first gear, then buy a higher gear ratio in your rear-end. If you have an automatic, buy a higher stall speed torque converter to launch you at higher rpms.

I do not recommend running a dual power adder (nitrous + blower/turbo) unless you have a heavily built engine AND are running a wet plate system.

4.10s or 4.30s should launch you out of first. If you have the V6 7.5" rear, I strongly urge you to upgrade to an 8.8" rear with the gear swap. You will save yourself a lot of time and aggravation.

Playing with nitrous and a supercharger/turbo is playing with fire. Sure, it can be done, but I do not recommend it.

If you have a spare nitrous kit hanging around, run an intercooler chiller. You will not gain any power from it, but it will help prevent detonation.
:wtfwhere you get all your info??? dual power adders is not playing with fire, it actually helps. there is a point to where it can get dangerous theres no aruguingthat, but he isnt wanting a huge boost. no power from intercooler sprayer??? ok buddy, whatever makes you think you know your ****. dropping temps adds power, helps motor, so on and so forth. off the line will help spool time, and any lag issues or what not he may have.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my goal is 28psi off nitrous race gas
probably 20psi with nitrous and race gas
ive made my choice i will spray when my motor is built
8:5:1 CR or 8:2:1 CR is all that im left to ponder about

if i decide to not run nitrous i will deffinitly be doing an intercooler sprayer

·
Registered
141 Posts
spraying your car will be fine I used to spray mine with my turbo. Just remember that its usually double what a N/A car would spray. a 50 shot on a n/a car will be like a 110 on yours. a 40 shot will get you out of the hole nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts