Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you think help me out the best if i have a full upr suspension car and big and little im just looking for my car to be a street monster.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
hmm i would have to say either turbo or procharger cause my buddie has a 04 Gt that has a kenne bell on it and he wishes he wouldve just kept spraying it because he is tired of going through belts he has been through 3 belts in 20k miles so its up to you im just giving :2cents

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i was going to go KB but now TT

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
hmm i would have to say either turbo or procharger cause my buddie has a 04 Gt that has a kenne bell on it and he wishes he wouldve just kept spraying it because he is tired of going through belts he has been through 3 belts in 20k miles so its up to you im just giving :2cents
Thats because he needs to look at it and line it up. My belts were wacked up too when they were not lined up. It is like they are off by a washer, very small amount. Or it is rubbing on something, which mine was rubbing on the alternator. That needed to be ground down a minor amount.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
procharger :yes

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
OP: You said you had 4.5k in another thread right? Turbo is out of question then im thinking. Unless you find a steal deal on a used kit, but even then you will need odds and ends that would probably put you over that limit.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
depends on how you are set up thus far; if you already have full exhaust w/ lt's, manual, and 4.10's or something the like, KB...

if stock exhaust or shorties, auto, 3.55 gears; TURBO

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i haev 4.10s full exhaust and full suspension including kmember and the cars meant for launching which would give me the best results ?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
procharger if you wanna get down the track faster!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
procharger son

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandity get these freaking heads! Farrah is wanting hardwood floors! LOL>

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn son..... U know u just opened up up a can o worms......right?

·
Registered
282 Posts
OP: You said you had 4.5k in another thread right? Turbo is out of question then im thinking. Unless you find a steal deal on a used kit, but even then you will need odds and ends that would probably put you over that limit.

on3performance turbo kits are 3700 i believe for everything. Without the kmember and coilover package the base kit is 1750 (headers, turbo, piping the basic stuff). The kit they have made i believe around 470 at the wheels with 10psi

·
Registered
233 Posts
KB's are nice, Procharger are nice, and Turbos are cool, but to each their own. A Twin Turbo set up is real nice under the hood. I guess its all about what your plans are with the car ( Impressiveness, looks, Daily Driver, 1/4 mile, street/strip, drive it just on nice days etc etc etc...) and where you are at with the mods on it....don't forget PRICE RANGE! lol. Supporting mods are a big benefit to these power adders. Either way you will get great results.

I have been looking the last past few years and decided to go with Procharger. You will get tens of thousands of people saying different things about each....Everyone is looking for something that suits them and wants you to buy what they have or its their first power adder and they will SWEAR by it that's its the BEST and are close minded on a one way street...I love those people (joking)

Some pros and cons about each...not all of the pros and cons, but just a few...
Turbos will have lag when you want the power..not a lot but its there, maybe a sec or two. KB and Turbos may produce a lot of heat under the hood. You get rid of the plastic intake with a KB and add a ton of piping with a Single or Twin Turbo set up. Turbos kit comes with new K member, turbo headers, coil overs, tubular A-arms etc etc etc. Procharger is an easy setup, easy to maintain with better workings and stronger parts than other Centrifugals. Centrif's and KB people have lost their belts or complained about belt slippage. Centrifs wont start making decent power till about around 3000 RPMs. But others may say different things about each. You will get great power out of all at different RPMs. Most of the cons I mentioned can be delt with by one way or another. I, myself, don't want to deal with much right now and looking for just a nice set up.

A D1 Procharger would be best for me...I have a K member waiting to go in. My Mustang already has LT's with Full exhaust, Blower Cams, aluminum intake, Stage 3 heads etc etc etc. So you can see, where I am with mods, a turbo would not be worth while for me. I would have a lot of time and money lost to the parts that I installed. A built bottom end is next for me and maybe a transmission before I spend the cash for a D1.

So if you are serious about a S/C or Turbo, there is a lot of things to read up on and look at. I would only buy a new kit but its all up to you. The best way (IMO) and not all people have the option at hand, is to drive one with each. I like them all and each have a different appeal to me...wish I could have one of each in separate Mustangs lol

GL in you search!

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I like how a KB makes lots of boost in the lower rpm range. If you're pretty much just a street driver you might want to go with a KB. If you like to do a fair amount of track stuff get a procharger. Very streetable and easy to install, probably the cheapest option too. Personally I wouldn't do a turbo setup if I wasn't going to the track EVERY week. Turbos are more maintenance and are more expensive, but they make awesome numbers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
lol VORTECH --- eh procharger if thats your choice. LOOK AT my slip that is a high 1.9 sixty foot ill put some vids on street fire it runs low 12.2's with 2.0 60' im on nitto's. i havent seen a kenne belll beat that with similar power with the same 60'. im putn mickeys on it this weekend to smack some 11's!!!
powers power as long as it holds it good up high,from shift to shift.

but prochargers are way better in high boost range the only vortech that holds a candle is the t-trim. Im just a big fan of vortech so ill stfu.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Jivepepper is running the T trim i believe and his car is a beast! Nothing wrong with vortech!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts