Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well diesel is way to high so im getting into a 2004 f150 4x4 with a a 5.4 v8..anyone know they make a turbo kit to help a lil with gas mileage and pushing some 35" tires with 20s..??

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
better off buying a diesel, the fuel economy is way better than the gas, motor, well chevys anyways, fords seem to suck down the diesel. anyways, my tuner built a turbo kit for these trucks and was planning on marketing it, but dont know if it ever came about.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Yeah, I used to average 24mpg's with my Dmax, on a conservative tune.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
getting a turbo for your F-150 will only hurt your gas mileage.

I would suggest a Troyer Stage I kit for your truck.
SCT tuner with 3 custom tunes for you specific truck, cold air intake, magnaflow exhaust.

You get another 42rwhp on average and 1.5-2mpg increase (if you have your foot out of it) all for around $1,000 I believe

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
yup thats tru +123 4 regancy i had a 2005 f-150 fx4 on 33x12.5x18's and i got about 23 24 on high way i had a Volant cold air,Superchips Flashpak which i just sold both of them 4 200 bucks u missed out man lol and i also had jba shorty headers and magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man why did you sell that beast..and well does the superchargers help with gas mileage at all cuz they run off the pulleys so it would seem they would hurt it more..and turbos dont hurt gas mileage..they help if anything at all..

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
well i traded it in on the mach 1 then sold the mach 1 to go 2 college and now i have a danger ranger:( and as for the supercharger thing i have no clue

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow doc i didnt know you had a truck..well im not worried about having to sell mine or anything..im doing college for 2 years going to be in reprocessing petroleum at our chevron plant next to northrop grumman..i start out at 55 to 60 grand a year which makes me very happy lol..and within the 2 years i will get an internship making good money..plus i will still be doing transmissions

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
man why did you sell that beast..and well does the superchargers help with gas mileage at all cuz they run off the pulleys so it would seem they would hurt it more..and turbos dont hurt gas mileage..they help if anything at all..

When driving easy an not hitting boost, your truck will get the exact same gas mileage as it did before you installed a turbo.

Now... when you spool up that turbo which shoots more air in, your truck is going to shoot more fuel in to help keep the air/fuel ratio safe, hence burning more gas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts