Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know man I asked about ebay turbos before and ppl told me to just expect to get what i paid for. The turbo alone should cost you close to that price for a real good turbo. I bought a master power turbo and it was 575 just for the turbo so just take that into consideration.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
There are no downpipes, and there is no provision to mount the wastegate(it would have to be fabbed).

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
You pays your money and you takes your chances. I have to wonder if the kit's designer even attempted to install it on a real car. I'll give you my impressions of it, organized by component.

1. The turbos are cheap, no name Chinese items. I've seen some of those last 20,000 miles, and I've seen a 9 second car with a Chinese turbo. I've also seen these turbos have their oil seals self-destruct in a couple weeks in other installations. They've definitely cut corners compared to the turbos from the US, or for that matter, from Brazil (Master Power, SPA).

2. Headers - As JBIGBOOTSY noted, where are the wastegate mounts? I've heard more horror stories about eBay turbo headers than about eBay turbos. Often the welds tend to self destruct. These look like fairly thin metal and have no bracing to support the weight of the turbo. I would not be surprised if they crack welds within the first month of use.

3. Intercooler and piping. It's hard to make a bad intercooler - you pretty much have to try. The pipes may or may not have been designed to work with these headers - given the headers are missing the flanges for the wastegates, I suspect the seller has tried to piece things together out of several unrelated kits, so the pipes may not fit at all.

4. Blow off valves - why are there two of them, and if they want the pipes to be a direct fit, why didn't they put the mounting flange on the pipes already? Again, a clear sign the kit has been pieced together from several sources and the designers weren't talking to each other.

5. Coolant sensor bung - Not only is there no valid reason this should be included, it does not result in a more accurate reading - it's actually less accurate. Whether this fits the stock coolant temperature sensor or a Honda one is anyone's guess.

6. What the kit left out - Besides the parts to actually make some of the components fit together, there's no downpipe, no method of adjusting the spark curve to fit the needs of a boosted engine, and barely anything to deal with fueling.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
If I am not mistaken Boost Brothers makes a kit thats not much more dinero than this one. I would check with them cause I have heard a few people that have used their kits and been very happy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked the seller like 5 minutes before posting here to send me an installation guide and/or pictures of a completed install.... No response...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I will say they make it look good in the pics....but I would steer clear like said if it seems to good to be true it probably is...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received a response from the seller...

I specifically asked for an instruction/install guide and/or pics of the finished install... Here's the long winded, detailed response....

sorry i do not

-eworldsales1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts