Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I think someone just started a thread about these a day or two ago. Look for posts on that thread.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
idk i was wondering the same thing i constantly hear good and bad things about it so im not sure... everybody always seems to say that the piping is garbage and everything is really cheap but i think if you get the turbonetics turbo option and just eventually upgrade parts to better ones... sounds like a good starter kit

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I looked on the first 3-4 pages and couldn't find the thread. I am interested as well.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Bad. It uses cheap 304 matierial that rust and breaks. Your going to eventually pay double to get better matierial. It's not worth it. Plus your going to need a new k member and still have to buy fuel accessories. The price will jump to ~4k for cheap junk. It might not break today or next month but get ready to change all the cheap piping.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
IMO, Get MMR's JetCoated hotside kit, buy your own fuel, intercooler, turbo and have a local guy fab up the cold side. If I ever get around to it thats my plan. That way you can cheap out and buy chinease garbage and build a shitty kit yourself. If your going to do it do it right the first time. Money spent now is going to save you down the road.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
the owner of on3performance has been banned from the modular turbo forums and he is no longer an authorized vendor there. that should answer your question.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the owner of on3performance has been banned from the modular turbo forums and he is no longer an authorized vendor there. that should answer your question.
Sure does. They also don't have any contact information which I find very unusual.

Thanks for everyones feedback. I'm not one to really go cheap on things, but there are some "chinese" products that are actually pretty good. Intercoolers, piping kits, etc.

I'll look around and talk to the shop here. I might just switch my SC pulley, FMIC, and go with a blow threw set-up. Run my blower to the max =)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Sure does. They also don't have any contact information which I find very unusual.

Thanks for everyones feedback. I'm not one to really go cheap on things, but there are some "chinese" products that are actually pretty good. Intercoolers, piping kits, etc.

I'll look around and talk to the shop here. I might just switch my SC pulley, FMIC, and go with a blow threw set-up. Run my blower to the max =)
I mean "chinease" as in all the knockoff **** that kit has. Knockoff BOV, Knockoff Wastegate, Knockoff Intercooler, Knockoff basically everything. The turbo unless you upgrade it is just a knockoff. If your blown with a centri i'd keep it or build your own setup

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh I gotcha. Well no worries. I've already decided to go a different route if I go Turbo. I like the MMR kit that you posted about. Plus you get to pick whatever size turbo you want =)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Oh well.

I was hoping that there was a sub 2k way of boosting.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Well people can get lucky and use used parts, then it can go below 2K. You just have to be VERY PAITIENT, or lucky.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
*This kit will require the installation of a tubular k-member. We designed it with the Granatelli setup but most other k-members should fit but we have not tested to confirm. This kit will allow you to keep your factory accessories all in the stock locations and still drive down the road blowing cold air from the A/C and taking each turn with the comfort of power steering. Doesn't get much better than that on top of knowing you have 400+ rear wheel horsepower at your fingertips.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yeah they also failed to mention the piping won't clear the swaybar.. i've seen pictures. people have to put a big notch in the downpipe to make it clear.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thats factory though right? haha. I saw the pictures on corral of the guy with the UPR Sway bar. My roomate saw a car with the kit down in lousiville...said there's piping going EVERYWHERE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts