Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can get a twin turbo kit for a 2000 V6 mustang? Iv been looking online for days now and I have had no luck. I figured it would be hard to find, but not impossible. Thanks guys for any help you can give.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
custom build, like torres said how fat are your pockets?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Chris and I know where you can get one, but unless you have 6grand ready to go we won't even bother the person.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well no money right now but im trying to find something out there and if i have to custom make it so be it but i would at least like to see pictures of a kit or something so i can figure out how u would be able to run the pipes and where to place the turbos and watnot...iv seen some pics online of people who have done it but it looks pretty intense to fab yourself thats y i was looking for a kit i know that somepeople have said they are over 5k

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Not knocking u or your ideas, but I think you may be severally underestimating the involvement of a custom TT set up.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats wat i assumed again iv never done a whole lot with setting anything up but turbos sound better to me personally then superchargers and besides if i knew wat i was doing i wouldnt be here asking people who do know wat they are doing lol

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
its about $6k+ and seeing you dont have the money
no offense but we'd just rather not bother the guy unless your ready 100%

its some work and fabrication for sure
its something that i honestly wouldnt try to attempt right now(due to welding skills)
but its a lot of work

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so do u guys know where i can find some pics of mustangs with turbo set ups on them cause im interested to see what the setup looks like because iv seen some photos but none of them were very good showing how all the piping was actually run

also do any of u guys have the twin turbo set up on ur mustangs and if so wat kind of numbers are you seeing added to the horsepower and torque because of it?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
my suggestion is read up, learn all you can and find a speed shop near but you can get an apprenticeship at you know trade shop cleaning time for hands on experience and instruction. Thats what I did for awhile, then once your comfortable try and build you own, or save up and drop 10 grand+ on a shop doing everything

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
im running a single turbo setup
a guy ran 12psi on his twin turbo setup with 70mm throttle body, ported upper and lower intakes and saw 380rwhp
im aiming for 360rwhp at 10psi tuned
single turbo sc44 turbo .68 hot and cold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts