Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '92 notch, stock everything. Turbonetics 60-1, 9 lbs, 42# (bargain) injectors.

I'm actually looking for a block, either 302 (doubt it but hope) or 351 that can take 1khp. Money isn't the super big issue, I picked up a settlement.

Or do I need a 460 or modular?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive got the same turbo!! Mine is a 347 still in progress but should be done in a couple weeks. Anyhow im not sure you can make 1k with that turbo. But I like the aluminum blocks light weight and strong.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
just get a dart block......or man of war......and might as well go with 351 and stroke it to 408......and still with that turbo 1000 hp is stretching it a bit.....maybe if you got two of those turbos

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have clarified. That turbo won't be part of it, actually. =P

Heard the 351 was only good to about 750, how did they beef it up?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Answers self-

aluminum.
wrong that is one answer but is not worth it and with the 750 thats on a stock block.If it was me i would go with a cast iron block and yes they are stronger everything on them is beefed up thicker cylinder walls,main webbing.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
thats why i was saying a dart block or world products block

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
what about an early 70 351w i heard they can handel 800 to 900 hp because of their design
still about 700 its a stock block for christ sakes :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was my assumption. Best case scenario is the pre-74 truck block, with the additional webbing. *shrug* That was the 750 I was referring to.

Well, I have two leads. Good enough. Anybody want to buy a turbonetics 60-1 and an intercooler? =P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts