Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been on other furums, wanted to see if theres anyone who has run a turbo on a a 8 plug distributorless 2.3l with stock internals for very long without problems, and how much boost etc.... they all say u cant but none of the people who say u cant have even tried it, they are just repeating what they have been told. i think these motors might have more potential then the older 2.3s cus they make 107hp at the crank and the older ones make 88hp

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I know what those wheels are from my pops has them on his 88 tc,and it is possible to put a turbo on a distributorless 4 cyl people just dont want to spend a grand on an stand alone ecu for distibutorless car so thats why all turbo motors have distributors an svo ecu will slide rite into the car no problem no wiring EASY unless your a computer wiz and like a challenge go for it."EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE"
i hate it when people tell me its not...well you know what ppl who said vertical door kits on a fox bod was not possible...well you know what it worked an it was possible

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have done it, using a turbo shortblock, and the 93 upper half. The MAS was the largest hang up. I wouldn't bother on a stock 93 rotating assy. You will blow it quick with any real boost (I'd guess above 7psi). I used allot of parts from both motors, plus some aftermarket gadgets. Some of the companies I got tech help from are out of bussiness now. The hardest part was getting the fuel curve right. I kept ending up rich at the bottom and top of my RPM's. The car ran good though once we worked the bugs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts