Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well after Christmas I'm going to hopefully have enough money to start modding my car's engine finally. I was wondering what to go with first I really want a turbo but I know I could possibly break the engine down if I push too much boost what is a safe bet? If I shouldn't do turbo what are your recommendations for engine mods? I want some more horses but I cant exactly break the bank I don't have enough for turbo yet but am saving? Ok so what my car does have done to it that I know of it has a posi lock and a CAI and thats about it for performance, I've done mostly visual until now but I want to start modding the engine now

·
Registered
806 Posts
turbo kit, injectors, fuel pump, MAF, sub frame connectors. These are what you will need to run it. Besides that i would look into a pod for A/F, boost guage.

keep the power around 320-340rwhp and you should be fine engine wise. rear always had a chance of going out if pushed. and T-5 tranny starts to go out at around 350rwhp, but auto has seen near 400rwhp and done well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I had the money for a turbo I'd spend it on a SSMS power pack first before I put any F/I on because the better your intakes and heads setup is the more horses your going to get from F/I and you'll get a good number of horses just from the power pack alone

Super Six Motorsports

This is the site go and click on power packs the number of horses you get is dependent on the number of dollars you want to spend

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Nope, turbo first.....

That will push you to the limits of your stock internals alone, when your ready for more you can go forged and turn the boost up, if that doesn't make enough for you then power pack.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How much are turbo kits roughly anyway ? from the few I've seen its like 5-6 grand for the setup ?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Nobody makes them any more... So, a custom kit will probably cost you 4-6000$

·
Banned
12,740 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
maybe that is just a generic pic they use. if it is true, that is a pretty fricken good deal, especially if it comes with fuel mods, which it don't say, but it does say it comes with everything

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
maybe that is just a generic pic they use. if it is true, that is a pretty fricken good deal, especially if it comes with fuel mods, which it don't say, but it does say it comes with everything
but i mean really are you gonna drop that kind of money to a random site that doesnt even have a real picture of the kit up? personally, i just wouldnt.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Usually ships in 20 days? :eek:

I would not buy one from a site like that even I was using your money.
thats actually about right if they arent already made, but i would think they should have a few made up already if they are ready to sell on a mass scale

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ya, ik that does seem shady, but it would be sweet if it was real. that is a pretty decent deal.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
PTK stopped making kits, something about the test car PTK had blew too many motors on 4psi....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doesnt anyone make turbo kits anymore? all I can find are superchargers and for the price of those I'd rather turbo it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doesnt anyone make turbo kits anymore? all I can find are superchargers and for the price of those I'd rather turbo it.
I found a guy over at 3.8 mustangs that has just recently opened a shop for making v6 kits for our cars pricing was about 3k but hey Im happy someone started making them again his name is RoushM112

1 - 20 of 22 Posts