Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trying to turbo my car come spring/ summer. Most likely with the on3 kit. However I would like to put the maximum motorposrts k member under my car because I'm setting my car up more for autocross, so does anyone know if the one mm sells to fit the hellion kit, could work?

Also what's a estimate of a 76mm on a auto 2v. I will be on stock bottom end and I want to figure out the biggest I can safely go,because the car will have s built bottom end withen a few years.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they do, I will most likely order the k member with my refund. Then start peicing together all the other parts ill need to install it. I have a box full of springs from my racecar I can use

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
U don't want a 76mm with a stock bottom end or auto cross.

Idk if it will fit or not...a 6265mm would be better with a smaller ar to spill quick after a turn

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking forward facing kit, with a ball bearing turbo ( I believe, still learning), I've heard the spool faster

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Yeah that won't hurt being you need to spool fast out of a turn.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 6265, what kind of power levels could it achieve if the rest of the car could handle it?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Umm idk off the top of my head. Depends on a lot. Say 550 or so.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
900rwhp? That's big big money. You can't put a turbo on there to make that right now. I bought a 6768 h cover .96ar CEA wheel precision. That's as big as I'd go on a stock motor with still having room to grow decently. I will push this turbo to 20plus psi. Should see 675rwhp plus through an auto. Ten switch to an 8285 CEA precision for my 800rwhp plus goal

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So basically your saying either way once the motor is built along with everything else, it will need bigger than a 76

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Just do it right, go twins!!

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
There is no reason he couldnt run a 76mm on the stock shortblock. That is what the wastegate is for. Just put a smaller housing on for quicker spooling. If one is planing to build a forged shortblock it would be dumb spending money a small turbo that would be maxed out at 550hp. My shortblock could be stock and it would still spool my turbos the same speed and they will support 1100hp.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I don't see why one would put a 76mm on a stock motor. A good 76mm is a 800rwhp turbo. You will be so far out of its efficenty range. Turbos aren't one size fits all. Sure he can run a 76mm but for auto cross I'm afraid it would be a slouch for him.

How would twins be doing it right? It's not wrong but not necessary right.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Twins for autox and 900rwhp would work good. Quicker spool vs a bigger 76mm+, and youll make 900rwhp easier with twins.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Why do you need 900rwhp to make turns lol? Thats stupid open track is more about suspension and knowing ur lines and how to drive than power..600-700 is more than enough and ur gonna need sticy tires to be able to hold that coming out of a turn...

Your not building a motor any time soon you said a few yrs..just get the chinese 67mm with the on3 kit and get a better turbo when you build your motor..

And y2k your car with stock motor wont spool those turbos st the same rpm..mr 12:1 compression you should be smarter than that:p

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I also wouldn't autox an auto either.

If twins i would start with 57mm turbos and upgrade later to make 900rwhp.

But like slow said get all your suspension done and safety stuff then add power.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
900 because its still a street car. It will be tuned down, but I want it capable of that. Suspension isclose to complete now, irs tokico shocks in 4 corners, sfc, car will have coilover fronts, mm k member kit. Has eibach springs right now and nitto invo tires. I just believe in buying something once and be able to grow into it, saves money down the long run, other wise I would go with a standard turbo I just want the potential there.

Plan also is a t56 magnum, but that is also few years down the road

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
U realize what 900rwhp is on the street?

If u wanna see real twisty suspension look at jazzer the cats car. I'd buy the turbo I have or close to it. A 76 is a waste under 15psi IMO on mod motors

1 - 20 of 32 Posts