Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 5.0 i want to get forced induction really bad but idk wut i should get ive heard dif things about everything wut should i get and why thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but i have a 5.0 HO doesnt that stand for high output or does that have nothing to do with the compression
and i would like to know u picked wut u picked thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stock 94 block High Output? :lmao

Back in 1994 yes, it was a HO.. today it is Low or almost No Output, if you compare it to 2000+ sport & muscle cars..

but you're right with the compression.. I think it is 9:1 which is considered low and good for a mild boost turbocharged street Stang only if the engine is prepped & the internals are forged.

by the way, turbos are expensive & require professional installation.. costs a lot.. go for a supercharger: Vortech, ATI Procharger, Paxton -for high end horsepower- or Kenne Bell if you want a low end torquer..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k i want a kennebell really bad cause i love the whine but its not intercooled but i hear its not that big of a problem until u are putting like 17psi through it and i would get a procharger but i dont really like the whistle of them constantly i really want a whine um wut should i do first before gettin that and wut do u think i should get thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
in some areas with really hot climates, you should be looking at intercooling if you're putting on a boost of 10 pounds and above, otherwise you get detonation..

with 93 & earlier Mustangs it's no problem but with 94-95 Mustangs, it's a pain.. there's no space, so I was told by Vortech.. you could do some plumbing work with centrifugals though.

With Kenne Bell, you can use water/methanol injection but the problem is, if it's upstream the compressor, it may corrode the rotors.

Forced induction is more than just a whine, a whistle or a BOV relief, you know!

·
Registered
106 Posts
TURBOS ARE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE DEPENDING ON WHICH COMPANY AND KIT YOU GO WITH. AS FAR AS THE INSTALLATION ITS NOT THAT HARD ON THE 94-95. I INSTALLED MY TURBO ON MY 95 COBRA I FINISHED IN ONE WEEK.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im leaning toward turbo but i still have the kennebell in the back of my head which one of those two should i get and y and i was wondering whats better a single turbo or twin turbo and why thanks

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Twin Turbo FTW!

Quicker spool since your using 2 smaller turbos...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does anyone know where i could get a good deal on a twin turbo kit since i dont have much money and should i do any other mods before i get the kit thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
john Urist who owns and developed the hellion system is a great guy!!! He knows his hair dryers and in my opinion is the only guy you want to deal with if you want a kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts