Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really didnt understand the whole picture for the longest time, and maybe there are other people here that could benefit from this. Its kind of a dry video, but has lots of good information.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Glad you're educating yourself Stewarts.

So what do you think you want to do?

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, it seems like the prochargers are safer for my engine. Sure turbos make more power, but it seems a lot more involved and unstable.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Not really true. Turbos are just as safe, if set up correctly. You need to remember we aren't going to be doing insane amounts of boost where turbos become dangerous. 8PSI is kids work for a turbo.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Not really true. Turbos are just as safe, if set up correctly. You need to remember we aren't going to be doing insane amounts of boost where turbos become dangerous. 8PSI is kids work for a turbo.
Twin Turbo off the eco boost are running 12 psi, IIRC. So i may do 10!

If i can find a wrecked ecoboost. :yes

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
You better get to searching. I'd love to see a TT eco-boost application for our Sixxers. I feel like my Mustang is a VW Bug, now that I've had the luxury of driving the GTR around. I want something much, much faster.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You better get to searching. I'd love to see a TT eco-boost application for our Sixxers. I feel like my Mustang is a VW Bug, now that I've had the luxury of driving the GTR around. I want something much, much faster.
Yea, its in our nature to want more all of the time :) I think its a little early to find a wrecked eco-boost, but maybe "somebody" could make "something" happen to one if you saw one ;)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Yea, its in our nature to want more all of the time :) I think its a little early to find a wrecked eco-boost, but maybe "somebody" could make "something" happen to one if you saw one ;)
Way ahead of you bro..... The other night i some how got a few scratches on the from passanger fender, it also had that red F-150 paint on it.... WEIRD!!! :eek:

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
This is the write up I read when I educated my self on turbo/superchargers. It's worth a read. Very well written.

Forced Induction

·
Registered
491 Posts
Guys, me and Alex have said it repeatedly, in different words:

Ecoboost cannot be retrofit to the 3.7L V6 Duratec engine.

You could swipe the quarter-sized turbos off of a wreck, but you'd want to get the whole engine for it's direct-injection setup that isn't something that can be just added to the 3.7L duratec. We have port-injection. DI is a big part of what allows that 12psi to be made into a reliable stock platform. Also something that can't be added to our engines without spending more money than if you had just bought an ecoboost engine... which is going to be f-ing costly. Additionally, they use specific pistons on the ecoboost engine tailored for it's F/I direct-injection. Mo money, mo money.

solid - R35 GTR? As in '08+?

[edit]And a punch in the face of whoever points out that you COULD buy all the ecoboost parts and actually retrofit it for ludicrous amounts of money. But again, it'd be cheaper to just buy the engine. So blah.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You could swipe the quarter-sized turbos off of a wreck, but you'd want to get the whole engine for it's direct-injection setup that isn't something that can be just added to the 3.7L duratec. We have port-injection. DI is a big part of what allows that 12psi to be made into a reliable stock platform. Also something that can't be added to our engines without spending more money than if you had just bought an ecoboost engine... which is going to be f-ing costly. Additionally, they use specific pistons on the ecoboost engine tailored for it's F/I direct-injection.

FiK is mean to us :(

:)

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts

You could swipe the quarter-sized turbos off of a wreck, but you'd want to get the whole engine for it's direct-injection setup that isn't something that can be just added to the 3.7L duratec. We have port-injection. DI is a big part of what allows that 12psi to be made into a reliable stock platform. Also something that can't be added to our engines without spending more money than if you had just bought an ecoboost engine... which is going to be f-ing costly. Additionally, they use specific pistons on the ecoboost engine tailored for it's F/I direct-injection. Mo money, mo money.

[edit]And a punch in the face of whoever points out that you COULD buy all the ecoboost parts and actually retrofit it for ludicrous amounts of money. But again, it'd be cheaper to just buy the engine. So blah.
My uncle bought her new in 2009. :yes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts