1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
the turbonetics one is decent I would rather have a garrett the other one you posted is crap

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured the 2nd was crap but it was worth a shot... i just cant see myself spendin over 1k for a turbo...

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
why not? its the main part of your setup and if your spending upwards of 4grand you better be spending over a grand on a turbo if you wanna go cheap buy a civic

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know that im gonna hafta pay to play but right now its just not realistic for me. maybe when i pick up my 2nd job i can honestly think about it. i was just wonderin if those would work

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
No one ever said Turbos were cheap....

horsepower is not cheap

power+cheap= no such thing

·
Registered
249 Posts
Garrett GT Series FTW!! I would go with a GT37R Dual Ball-Bearing. My buddy made 635RWHP on a Nissan V6. If you want some serious power I would go with a 76S! He made 906RWHP on the same motor!

·
Registered
249 Posts
No one ever said Turbos were cheap....

horsepower is not cheap

power+cheap= no such thing
Couldn't have said it better myself!

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Garrett GT Series FTW!! I would go with a GT37R Dual Ball-Bearing. My buddy made 635RWHP on a Nissan V6. If you want some serious power I would go with a 76S! He made 906RWHP on the same motor!
On how many pounds? Also what were his supporting mods, and also over in Japan the v6 is there big engine. Thats there v8 to America. They put all the technology into it. You put the same turbo on a v6 in a Mustang and it won't make the same numbers. Also it depends on the a/r of the turbo as well. There are so many variables as to why he could have made that much power. Since were talking about the v6 Mustang it would be a totally different story. Thats not a bad turbo at all, but he needs to size it up to his engine as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
On how many pounds? Also what were his supporting mods, and also over in Japan the v6 is there big engine. Thats there v8 to America. They put all the technology into it. You put the same turbo on a v6 in a Mustang and it won't make the same numbers. Also it depends on the a/r of the turbo as well. There are so many variables as to why he could have made that much power. Since were talking about the v6 Mustang it would be a totally different story. Thats not a bad turbo at all, but he needs to size it up to his engine as well.
It was on a 3.5L V6 in a 350Z.

Mods:

GT37R .82 A/R (I'm thinking 22psi, but I'm not 100% sure on that)
Stock (Un-Sleeved) Block
Wiseco Pistons
H-Beam Rods
Cams
Stock Crank
Custom Girttle (when he went for 906rwhp)
Twin-in-tank fuel pump assembly
800cc injectors for 706rwhp 1200cc injectors for 906
4" Thick IC core w/ 3" Downpipe
ProEFI Engine Management

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
completely different engine

air/fuel flow is completely different

most o you guys have 2 valves, those new import engines have 4, making more power

·
Registered
249 Posts
completely different engine

air/fuel flow is completely different

most o you guys have 2 valves, those new import engines have 4, making more power
Agreed, It probably wasn't the best comparisson to use, but I was trying to give a good example for that turbo. I guess the question we should be asking the OP is what are your HP goals??

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm sure I'm not telling you guys anything new, but the higher the A/R the longer it takes to reach full bosst. For example, if that dyno graph showed a gt37R with a .63 A/R you would see closer to 300-350 @ 4K RPM, but less top end. Now if it were, lets say a 1.06 A/R then it would take longer to come on, but you would get more top end.

I'm sure there are way more people on here that put my knowledge to shame, but I hope mine helps a little.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
that and the design of the engin, it has a much higher red line, then the 3.8. even guys with fully built and stroked 3.8's don't reve abuce 7 k, and most have there redlins set around 6800 or less.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts