Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anywhere where you can get the pipeing for the turbos cause my freind bought 2 t3-t4s and he wants to put them on his 2000 gt

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hotside piping?
Or coldside piping?

Hotside should me 16-guage mile steel

Coldside should be aluminum piping

both can be found on Summitt Racing's website.. Or ebay... Or a local muffler or piping shop.. Piping is the easiest thing to obtain when doing a turbo setup... I dont see why that's such a concern..:confused:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
.... are you serious?
beacuase the mandrel bends are not makes absolutely no sense.

If you mean becasue they are not mandrel bends, thats different.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
beacuase the mandrel bends are not makes absolutely no sense.

If you mean becasue they are not mandrel bends, thats different.
Exactly... ANd mandrel bent pipe is still easy to obtain.. You could get ALL of the hotside and coldside piping you need for less than $100 all together from summitracing. A friend of mine has a 98 GT with a vortech SC and he did a custom IC setup with $35 worth of aluminum piping from summitt... And he bought more than he needed..

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so what all does he need to put on the turbos

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
ok so what all does he need to put on the turbos

WAAAAAAAAAY more than just piping... There must be some way to mount the turbos so it'll need appropriate manifolds or piping along with flanges. STeel hotside piping. You also need wastegates if the turbos are not internally gated. Also have to have oil feed and return lines for the turbos. Since it's twin turbo, it'll have to be a blow through MAF setup. You'll need an intercoller with a 2-in 1-out style. Aluminum piping for the intake side as well as some type of bypass or blow-off valve. It'll have to have a bigger fuel pump or pumps as well as bigger injectors...42lbs/hr minimum for most setups. It'll aslo have to be tuned. That's just a general scrape of the surface of what you'll need. Homemade turbos take a lot of time and effort..and you'll need to be able to weld as well...

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so does anyone know where he can get a kit for cheap minus the turbos

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
check out turbomustangs.com...that site is better suited to answer your questions...ANd there are companies that make kits minus the turbos...But it's a more expensive route..

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAY more than just piping... There must be some way to mount the turbos so it'll need appropriate manifolds or piping along with flanges. STeel hotside piping. You also need wastegates if the turbos are not internally gated. Also have to have oil feed and return lines for the turbos. Since it's twin turbo, it'll have to be a blow through MAF setup. You'll need an intercoller with a 2-in 1-out style. Aluminum piping for the intake side as well as some type of bypass or blow-off valve. It'll have to have a bigger fuel pump or pumps as well as bigger injectors...42lbs/hr minimum for most setups. It'll aslo have to be tuned. That's just a general scrape of the surface of what you'll need. Homemade turbos take a lot of time and effort..and you'll need to be able to weld as well...
+1 That about covers it. The 05+ mafs with a mafia or mafX work good for blow thru.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
it was in response to what you posted. and trying to make a custom turbo kit with prebent ordered bends is 1) a big PITA and 2) not the best way to go about it. It will work, but still its a hobo way to do it
Well the hobo way has been pretty d*mn effective in the world of turbo mustangs and it's not as big of a PITA as you think it is...It's called using a saw and measuring tape..

I'd bet i could build a homemade kit for the price of a centrifugal SC...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
check out turbomustangs.com...that site is better suited to answer your questions...ANd there are companies that make kits minus the turbos...But it's a more expensive route..

+1 the will lead you in the right direction they have helped me out with finding stuff to do my own kit .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts