Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought 2 t3/t4 turbochargers and an intercooler from my friend pretty cheap. i have a 1995 3.8 v6. i was wondering what is the best way to set up the turbos whether i should put one on each each side of the motor, or trade one of them for a smaller turbo to run the bigger turbo or what i should do.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
You need LOTS of parts
turbo manifolds
flanges
oil drain
oil feed
fittings
water hoses if its water cooler
intercooler piping
exhuast piping
rest of your hot side piping
fuel injectors
MAF
fuel pump
a tune
couplings
clamps

oh and if your going twin 2 waste gates and one big BOV or 2 small bovs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious on this post also, Who in mind does everyone agree on for making Custom Manifolds?
I have been looking into Tma's website and I haven't had a reply from them yet.
Anyone else have someone they know and worked with before?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Curious on this post also, Who in mind does everyone agree on for making Custom Manifolds?
get them off ebay if you can find them or just turn your stocker around

Crap... seeing that list makes me want spray even more.
spray is so easy get it you'll love it

and to the poster yeah you need a lot just save up be patient and do it right

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
First off welcome to MM! My goal is to have a '95 V6 TT. Chris is right about that list. Plus what other mods do you already have? If you are going with that kind of boost you might really want to consider forged internals. Plus, you need to look at upgrading to an 8.8 rear end. Although all of this can seem a bit daunting, stick with it. You already have the turbos and intercooler, that is a big part of the expense. Keep us up to date on your progress.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
First off welcome to MM! My goal is to have a '95 V6 TT. Chris is right about that list. Plus what other mods do you already have? If you are going with that kind of boost you might really want to consider forged internals. Plus, you need to look at upgrading to an 8.8 rear end. Although all of this can seem a bit daunting, stick with it. You already have the turbos and intercooler, that is a big part of the expense. Keep us up to date on your progress.
big part?
my piping was more expensive then

turbo
intercooler
waste gate
bov
filter
fittings
hoses
MAF
clamps and couplings

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
i bought 2 t3/t4 turbochargers and an intercooler from my friend pretty cheap. i have a 1995 3.8 v6. i was wondering what is the best way to set up the turbos whether i should put one on each each side of the motor, or trade one of them for a smaller turbo to run the bigger turbo or what i should do.
And I pray these aren't ebay t3/t4 turbos, where are the inlets and outlets on the turbos?

I think chris knocked down the list pretty well.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
TMA closed down dude... wanna know why?? Cause andy was sick of people constantly emailing him stupid questions with out any commitment and no promise to buy he works with serious people only that have been recommended to him by past customers... your chances of getting one from him... slim to none...

next, you have two options when it comes to manifolds, you can turn your stockers around OR you can make your own... if your really interested i have an old pair siting around for my 97 that you can buy off me... no guarantee if they will fit though

·
Registered
10 Posts
TMA closed down dude... wanna know why?? Cause andy was sick of people constantly emailing him stupid questions with out any commitment and no promise to buy he works with serious people only that have been recommended to him by past customers... your chances of getting one from him... slim to none...

next, you have two options when it comes to manifolds, you can turn your stockers around OR you can make your own... if your really interested i have an old pair siting around for my 97 that you can buy off me... no guarantee if they will fit though
There site still seems to be kept updated very well. A last update was on 3/4/08. I actually already mentioned I planned on being a serious buyer and was hoping Andy would be able to work with me on this to get the parts arranged.
With hope he may respond, If not I will be interested in your manifolds after I can verify they will fit.
If all fails I was looking into a centrifugal supercharger from procharger. Not really aiming that direction unless no other option. Id like to be able to adjust and modify my settings if I do anymore upgrades internally

1 - 11 of 11 Posts