Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question What do I need to do in order to turbo my cobra? I can't just slap on a Turbo can I? Well it has 140,000 miles on it but the engine was rebuild 40k ago and the rearend was rebuilt 2k ago. I found a Garrett BHT3B Turbo brand new that somebody was going to turbo there mustang with but they decided to go with twin turbos. Could I use it?

Thanks Joe

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
whats the a/r on the turbo? You can use any turbo you want on any car...it's just about fabbing it up, and if it's too small hoping you don't break it, and if it's too big...not spooling it up or getting the full potential out of it.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I'm not. I'm very serious. That explains everything you will ever need to know about turbochargers and turbocharging applications.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know i skimmed through it haha. **** lol alright ill come back to ya in about 20 mins!!! :banghead

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
It's better to be knowledgable before you get into it, than it is to learn from half assing your way through it and fixing what you break. Turbo's are like women. They are sensitive, finicky, will fight you to the end, but when they give you what you want it's ****ing amazing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I LOL'D. But i've read a little into it but before I read more, how much would it cost to turbo my car? Would all i need is the turbocharger its self?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy ****. Lol so might as well go with a supercharger. Alright no longer turboing my 6,000 dollar car. haha Spend more on the turbos. :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah eatons arent that good though. There stock with the 03-04's. If i did supercharge id go with a Kenne Bell.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I'd rather go with a whipple than a kb. But I'm thinking just a ported eaton will work...at least for now.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
^that kit is only for 2valves

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
sweet, how much? and is it smog legal?

·
Registered
314 Posts
mongoose kit is the ****. Do it!