Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
13,574 Posts
Haha yup e5 with bah/bas and a wife that works lol
I had an E5 friend of mine giving me a hard time when he seen my LES and noticed I made almost twice what he did it made me feel really old Lol.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had an E5 friend of mine giving me a hard time when he seen my LES and noticed I made almost twice what he did it made me feel really old Lol.
Haha I believe it man. E5 pay really isn't much lol

·
13,574 Posts

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Not a fan of Borg Warner? Cheaper than precision and turbonetics and more reliable. Goto ForcedInductions.com, tons of options to choose from. T4 housed, 7574 cast wheel, journal bearing, 1.00 a/r here, with full boost by 3800rpm, and that's using 4th gear with converter fully locked up, so a manual would be the same.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its pretty good IMO calcuates between 20-27$ an hour depending on location.
Yea it's really not to bad if pay. It's just not where I really want to be yet. So I'm busting my ass to get somewhere haha

Not a fan of Borg Warner? Cheaper than precision and turbonetics and more reliable. Goto ForcedInductions.com, tons of options to choose from. T4 housed, 7574 cast wheel, journal bearing, 1.00 a/r here, with full boost by 3800rpm, and that's using 4th gear with converter fully locked up, so a manual would be the same.
I looked into Borg Warner and from what I found is the turbo is supposed to be overall bigger and a tighter fit. Didn't really want to mess with that. And that's good news in the spool though. I should be able to hit full boost around 3500rpm then. Maybe a little sooner.

·
13,574 Posts
More reliable? thats a pretty bold statement there. I have a Garrett unit I just bought for a future project. Borg warner is a good turbo but precision is a better made unit which is why they are dominating the high performance industry.

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Borg Warner makes really good turbos that are proven. There's a reason they are used in a lot of factory turbo applications. Same goes for Garrett. Precision makes great turbos as well. You can get Borg Warner turbos though for cheaper than an equivalent Precision or Turbonetics unit and outperform it. The S475 and S480 turbos are tried and true for 800+hp and 1000+hp applications. If it was me... I'd run twin Holset HX40s. ;)

Borg Warner turbos have lived in diesel trucks for hundreds of thousands of miles and done so for decades. Their reliability is definitely proven. The same goes for Holset turbos.

So long as you have the right converter and gear, the difference between the .81a/r and .96a/r won't be noticeable as far spool goes. The .96a/r will make more power though. With the right cams and converter, spool response when you punch it on the highway will be almost identical.

·
13,574 Posts
Borg Warner makes really good turbos that are proven. There's a reason they are used in a lot of factory turbo applications. Same goes for Garrett. Precision makes great turbos as well. You can get Borg Warner turbos though for cheaper than an equivalent Precision or Turbonetics unit and outperform it. The S475 and S480 turbos are tried and true for 800+hp and 1000+hp applications. If it was me... I'd run twin Holset HX40s. ;)

Borg Warner turbos have lived in diesel trucks for hundreds of thousands of miles and done so for decades. Their reliability is definitely proven. The same goes for Holset turbos.

So long as you have the right converter and gear, the difference between the .81a/r and .96a/r won't be noticeable as far spool goes. The .96a/r will make more power though. With the right cams and converter, spool response when you punch it on the highway will be almost identical.
I know your fond on the BW that's all you ever push but have you tried any other brands?? There is a very big difference between a performance built turbo built to last and a DD turbo built for a factory car which is the reason alot of guys dump those turbos from the factory and go with a well built performance unit.

Unlike a gasoline motor diesel motors don't need much to get them moving with thier high compression motors so Comparing the two is very hard on the same turbo the results will be very different due to the nature of the motors.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts