Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of planning all of my future mods right now, and the turbo is for sure on my list at the moment, i'm just trying to figure out what kind of turbo is best and what type of exhaust i would have to have in order to have a turbo...feedback plz!

·
Registered
130 Posts
everyone has there own preference as to what they like as in spool time power etc., my last was a mp t70 p trim with a .68 a/r running a single 3 inch exhaust into a maganflow this was a great street combo with a auto .my new set up is a mp t76 qtrim 1.0a/r with a single 4 inch exhaust the build on this set up is still going on

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Turbo selection depends on your goals for the car.

If just looking for something compatable with stock motor and drivetrain, check out pte sport compact turbo's or one of the entry level billet wheels like the 5857. Most are rated at 500hp which is good for around 400rwhp and 11's in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Turbo selection depends on your goals for the car.

If just looking for something compatable with stock motor and drivetrain, check out pte sport compact turbo's or one of the entry level billet wheels like the 5857. Most are rated at 500hp which is good for around 400rwhp and 11's in the 1/4 mile.
we both know boost and a stock motor won't last long afew years tops

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
we both know boost and a stock motor won't last long afew years tops
oh yeah, these motors wont last forever on boost. Once you are boosted, you get the itch to feel the power and run it to redline or take it to the strip to see what it'll do, i know I did.

My motor was on 3rd year boosted when i pulled it. I wonder how long my stock motor would have lasted on 18psi:eek: I think the methanol injection keep my pistons from exploding lol.

Didnt your stock motor last a good while on nitrous before the turbo?

·
Registered
130 Posts
nope it lived through juice ,75 shot for awhile and then 10 pounds of boost .about 4 years of straight hell :D

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
My stock motor is like on its 4th year of 10lbs, in another car :p

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
My stock motor is like on its 4th year of 10lbs, in another car :p
So are we now saying 10psi is deemed "safe" now? Upping it from 8 to 10? I mean obviously nothing is 100% safe when it comes to boost. But you know what I mean.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
So are we now saying 10psi is deemed "safe" now? Upping it from 8 to 10? I mean obviously nothing is 100% safe when it comes to boost. But you know what I mean.
10psi vortech 0_o

1 - 11 of 11 Posts