Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into superchargers and turbos. I like the superchargers more but the turbos are easier on the $$. The only thing im worried about it the turbo lag. I dont want to spend all the $$ on a turbo and it has a horrible lag. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kody

·
Registered
890 Posts
It depends on your engine set up. To choose which size turbo is adequate for your set up. Also are you going single or twin set up

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
A lot of times turbo size affects the amount of turbo lag there is. The smaller the turbo is the faster it should spool up and the larger the longer it will take to spool up. It all depends on what you choose for your setup because the larger turbos are what you use for higher boost but will take longer to spool up.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a stock engine so im looking for a smaller turbo. I wont run anymore than 10 psi

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats a dyno tune cost roughly?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little turbo lag.. It just gives the other guy the thought that he is winning for about a second. Till you hit boost. :D

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Not only tune, the better you build the internals to handle the boost too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes true. but if he is on a budget a turbo kit and a really good tune and you wont have to worry bout the internals but yes upgrading would be insurance lol.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yes true. but if he is on a budget a turbo kit and a really good tune and you wont have to worry bout the internals but yes upgrading would be insurance lol.
Turbos normally put out some major power even at low psi so unless he is running absolutely no boost running stock engine will still be putting unneeded stress on his car. Tune doesn't stop the fact that all that extra power stresses the engine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts