Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1998 Mustang GT and i have a problem with the turn signals as when i use then i hear the flasher clicking really fast and if i wiggle the turn indicator is will actually let the blinkers work properly. i have been getting used to it but now it is just annoying.I would like to know how to get the old switch out and how hard it is to fix. ie.removal of the plastic cover at the rear of the steering wheel, or do i have to remove the sterring wheel to remove the switch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
have you checked for an out bulb? is it both turn signals or one? Sometimes that real fast blinking/clicking is a simple out bulb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same Problem

hey, I am having the same problem with my 97 cobra. when i turn my right turn signal on it makes the blinking sound really fast but no indicator inside the car, but the rear blinks fast and the front doesn't blink at all. my left one has never had this problem, and sometimes when my car feels like it the right will work like normal. i too would like to figure this out so i can fix it. if someone could help with some info I would really appreciate it. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it figured out you have to remove the plastic cover right behind the steering wheel there should be 4 screws under the steering column then it should come apart then there are 2 retaining bolts that hold the switch in place take those out then the switch should pull away from the steering column and have 3 electrical connectors on it un hook them the install the new switch installation is reverse.before working on the steering column disconnect the negative battery terminal wait 2 minutes the disconnect the positive terminal(reason for this is that failure to do so could accidentally deploy the airbags so sayeth a mechanic i know)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts