Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First when i turn on my head lights my cars idol drops and the lights get dimmer but when i rev the car they get bright again until you let off the gas and the brake lights are very dim with the lights on could this be my alternater? Second when i flip on the turn signals all 4 flash at the same time. does anyone know what the cause may be od how to fix it so they work normal cause i cant really drive the car on the street untill they work properly. Any advise or input would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well to rule out the alternator,start the car let idle.Unhook your battery,if it dies then its the alt,if it stays idling then its good,but might be going.whats your volts at idle?The turn signal thing is a different story.I would check your fuses,and check all the bulbs.Not really sure but maybe check the turn signal stalk on the column.Might be screwed up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my voltage at idle off of the battery is 14 but when the car is off it is only like 11ish. the fuses are all good is there some kind of relay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts