Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought a 95 gt. Now starting to modify. What is the best turner to use because i know these cars dont take modifcations very well.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:welcome. Tuner not TURNER. What modifications have you done so far? As far as recommendations on tuners you are gonna be told many in which they are all pretty much by what they are using or what their tuner uses. So if you plan on getting either emailed tunes or going to a dyno tuner go with what they have or are using. If you dont plan on heavily modding your car you can get away with some canned tunes on either platform SCT or Diablo.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
good catch Hmusn. yeah you are gonna need a chip.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, a chip can come in handy. you can get an economy tune on it as well as an aggressive tune. This way if you are just out and about you can stay on economy but when someone wants to test you you can throw it into the aggressive tune.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you give me more information on that how does it work i didnt know you can buy a chip with more then one tune and switch it when you want

·
Registered
609 Posts
+1 on SCT...i have one with 5 available tune programs. You can have one for "economy" and one for performance etc. you can also switch to another tune that is a Kill switch and wont allow engine to start.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
another thing DON'T get a cam just for sound, thats one of the worst things you can do, getting one for sound will often cause your car to perform worse. Get one that is matched to your setup, it may not be as lopey as you want but it will run a LOT better. I would contact Jay Allen @ Camshaft Innovations - Home

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 ^^

I got my car to sound pretty mean with a full exhaust system, a cam will usually make these cars sound a little tamer actually unless you get a BIG bumpstick which will make it more touchy to drive

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
+1 ^^

I got my car to sound pretty mean with a full exhaust system, a cam will usually make these cars sound a little tamer actually unless you get a BIG bumpstick which will make it more touchy to drive
Huh? sound tamer and touchy to drive? what cam are you using? or explain what you mean

·
Registered
70 Posts
the stock cam in the 94 and 95 5.0's aren't actually that bad. And some cams such as nitrous cams or blower cams are generally a little tamer than something designed for no power adder so it really depends on what type of cam you choose and how much duration is ground into the cam. Camming a car doesn't mean that it'll have that lope that most people look for.

and touchy just meant that it won't be as easy to drive around town compared to a stock setup but its not like alot of people really care about drivability when they try to make it go fast

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Ok gotcha I thought maybe you had a cam that was not matched for your setup. And I agree with you some people go for a big cam to get that lopey sound and then the car doesn't run worth a crap. Thats why I was telling the OP not to make that mistake.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts