Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i go back to a dealership i used to work at will they be able to turn off my check engine light from my O/R X pipe if i dont get the Mill Eliminators. The Dealership was a Dodge. Would there little tuner things work on Fords or no. I know they'd do it for me for free if it's possible. Anyone know if this is possible?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
There handheld can reset and clear codes but it is not a flash device. It will turn it off just because they will clear the code. No dealership is legaly allowed to turn it off, and when I was working with ford at OSU they didn't have the abiltily too any way. That may have changed, but I still say just get MIL's. If they can/will do it for ya thats all the better but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
no. meaning that it' can't change your tune

:yes

We had everything at OSU that ford had at the time and we couldn't do it on a lightning or mustang. They "can" do quite a bit but most of the stuff that "can" be done with their software they aren't allowed to do by ford. In fact most auto parts stores around here are not reseting codes anymore. They will read em for ya and tell you what it says but most of the managers won't let em reset the codes anymore.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I know in states where inspections a required, you can't or never could get a code reset without proof you fixed the problem. In Georgia they will reset anything.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I had to reread this thread a few times to get what y'all were talking about...lol i'm slow.

Yeah their handheld device can just clear a code...but if its still a problem code comes back.

If you have a handheld tuner, you can turn off the rear O2's and problem gone...or get MIL's

figured i'd cliffnote it all.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok i just wasnt sure if Dodges Devices were universal with Fords and GM etc.

So then whats the Difference between a tuner that will shut it off and a Device that Ford will use? Wont a Tuner not fix the problem either and Eventually the Code will Appear again???

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
a tuner like an xcal will perma fix it.

a device at autozone will temp fiw it

a tuner from Ford CAN fix it but they won't

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i see. Thanks guys

I just figured since i worked at a dodge dealership i could just have one of the mechanics do it for me under the radar or something. Ill ask them next time i go in. if they cant do it or if their device cant do it then ill just buy the mills. no biggy

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They will probably clear the code for ya but it will come back.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I made my first set like 7 years ago and they worked great, until I went with a sct tune.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts