Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else seem to think these cars have a horrible turning radius? I also own a 2006 350z and the turning radius is vastly better. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to improve the turning of these cars. It's annoying to have to make a 3 point turn every time I leave my house in the mustang. My 350z makes the turn no problem...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
The turning radius is great imo. But throb again my other vehicle is an xcab long box f250

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
+1 on dumping the clutch....she'll turn on a dime!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Turning radius blows compared to previous vehicles I have own. Surprisingly, my wife's 05 jeep liberty has had the best turning radius of all our vehicles.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I was just wondering if there was any way of improving it.
Shorten the wheelbase, increase the steering angle, or employ throttle oversteer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was just wondering if there was any way of improving it.
aside from serious suspension modifications, dump the clutch and rip the parking brake lol

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

i ment dump the clutch OR rip the parking brake. yea dont want to do those at the same time, day might go bad real quick!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Definitely not the best turning radius but I get around ok. Nothing like my Explorer Sport tho.... I can filp a U in my driveway lol. I have heard swapping in the Cobra A-arms improves our turn radius a lil bit, plus they have stiffer bushings and better ball joints. Pretty cheap swap if look around

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine is terrible. I have 8" wide rims in the front and installed thicker rack limiters to keep them from rubbing. Have to pull a 5 point turn to get into most parking spots. It's funny, I will never make a U-turn on any somewhat busy street. Have to make a left, then go down to a dead spot and turn around, come back and make a right....unless I break the rear end loose like previosuly mentioned. My BMW spoils me, it could drive circles around my mustang, still like the stang better though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts