Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Gt will not start at times. Turns over but wont start. No codes and no driveability problems once it starts. I can hear fuel pump cycle.

Anybody have this issue? Car is bone stock, no recent work done.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Could be the pats system not recognizing the key right away, try a spare key. Could be the pcm not firing the coils or injectors

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
try WOT at start next time. I had that issue the morning after purchasing my new 06.

I'm debating if it is the race tune and colder weather causing the problems. it seems to need to "warm" up sometimes and does have some smoke on some starts. If i figure out a fix I'll post it here. cold weather always makes me procrastinate working on the car.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Try cycling the fuel pump 4-5 times before cranking. If you have a drain back issue it would cause that problem after it sits over night, but not necessarily after a short visit to a store or something.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
^Yep. I don't know if you have to do it more than once, but turn your key to the on position and listen for the fuel pump. Wait a couple of seconds until you hear it stop when your pressure is up. Then crank the engine over.

·
Registered
227 Posts
also..possible dripping injector flooding a cylinder when off. Like 07 boss says fuel pump check ball could cause this and also fouled fuel filter. Had the latter 2 on my wifes expedition 5.4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts