Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've always been a little anal about all the small insignificant scratches that no one else can see. I know I am not the only one. Well a few weeks ago, as some of you know, someone key'd my car down the passenger side rear.

So after getting all pissed off, after hoping it was just a surface scratch, the hunt was on! I didn't want to spend the money to get the car re-painted or spend it to have just the one scratch fixed. I washed the car and the scratch was still there. Well I heard about a wax that was color matched for black. And as most of you know black is black. There isn't very many variations of it. Well I went into Advanced yesterday looking for this wax and I came across this Turtle Wax' Black Box'. The kid at the counter asked me if I had ever used this before I said no, but I'm fixing to find out if it works. Well I had this Meguiars Detail Spray that I used to clean it 1st since I knew it was going to be raining today. Well I used the steps on the box to a T. And here are the results.

I plan on using this over the entire car later on this week. I will take pictures of every little scratch that I know of and show before and after pictures. So for anyone with a black vehicle I recommend this product.

Yeah i know someone already posted up about this. Just figured I'd show a before and after. Enjoi!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I guarentee you that if you take isopropyl alcohol to that spot that the scratch will come right back. I'd bet money on it as a matter of fact. That Turtle Wax GARBAGE only masked your scratch.

The only way to remove key mark (depending oin how deep it is) is to either repaint it or get lucky and be able to buff it out with a rotary buffer. A DA buffer won't touch it because it doesn't generate enough heat.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
that stuff worked okay when i had my black truck...but the scratches always came back after a few washes...just keep the wax handy and i hope it works out for ya...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I guarentee you that if you take isopropyl alcohol to that spot that the scratch will come right back. I'd bet money on it as a matter of fact. That Turtle Wax GARBAGE only masked your scratch.

The only way to remove key mark (depending oin how deep it is) is to either repaint it or get lucky and be able to buff it out with a rotary buffer. A DA buffer won't touch it because it doesn't generate enough heat.
well at least he is trying to cover the scratch up till he gets the money to have it fixed,some ppl would just leave it be.he is trying you know

·
Registered
978 Posts
+1. at least your trying to mask it till you get it fixed, which is what your going to have to do. if its a really deep scratch, which it looked like then find the person who did it and burn their car to the f**king ground!! a gas can, some Tide detergent (powder kind) and a gallon of gas will work wonders on a car!! :D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said I knew this was not a permanent fix. Hints "Wax"...Zinc I'd prolly take that bet too. That wasn't the point tho. The point was like the others stated...it covered it up very very well. Now if you get really close to it you can see it and you can feel the lip of the paint with your finger nail. All it did was fill the scratch with black making it not as noticeable as before. I am still very happy with this product. That one side of the car as of right now is immaclate lol.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
As I said I knew this was not a permanent fix. Hints "Wax"...Zinc I'd prolly take that bet too. That wasn't the point tho. The point was like the others stated...it covered it up very very well. Now if you get really close to it you can see it and you can feel the lip of the paint with your finger nail. All it did was fill the scratch with black making it not as noticeable as before. I am still very happy with this product. That one side of the car as of right now is immaclate lol.
You would lose.

The black box isn't that bad of a product. It has black dyes in it hence the reason it covered up the scratch, but it will definitely come back. But if you are happy that is all that matters.

And if you can feel the scratch, it will have to be repainted, a buffer won't work.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Great job on covering the scratch, Of course it will appear back after about five washes. but at least you want have to look at it and plus, every time you wash it just put a coat over the scratch.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would lose.

The black box isn't that bad of a product. It has black dyes in it hence the reason it covered up the scratch, but it will definitely come back. But if you are happy that is all that matters.

And if you can feel the scratch, it will have to be repainted, a buffer won't work.
Yeah Im definitely happy with it. And yeah I can still feel the scratch. I knew it was gonna have to be re painted...just don't wanna spend the money lol. But i'll be happy with this stuff until then.

I did the entire car today...it looks almost immaculate. Me and some buddys are gettin together friday for some pics. tomorrow Im goin to hit up the wheels.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
So... off topic, but how did you like all the rain from Ida Blk2kgt? :D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Man to be honest we've had worse thunder storms haha. I actually had to work that night(monday) and the wind was pretty good, you had to walk into it to keep from tipping over lol. And with the wind the rain was almost exactly horizontal lol. Wasn't too bad tho.

Btw i looked for your car at cruisin but I didn't see it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts