Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a can of this because turtlewax has been beating their drum that they're the largest selling wax company in the world. i used their products back in the 70's and i wasn't impressed. the first can (22ozs) i bought stopped spraying properly after it was half empty but i had it for a while and used it anyway. i bought another can because it cleaned well (18 oz this time!)this past weekend and it quit spraying properly after 30 seconds and regurgitated under the spray head all over my hand like shaving cream. i used enough to finsh the last section of my car and called the 800 hellp number because i thought they might be interested in their product problem but they told me i would have to pay to ship (hazmat) the unused product for the $4.07 plus tax that i spent at wallyworld! i also emailed turtlewax with no response. guess what? i'll go out of my way to spend more money for another turtlewax product and i'm gonna take this can back to wallyworld for my full refund and they can deal with this chump company.
caveat emptor!

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have to say the Black Box by turtle wax works really well. I had great results with it on my mustang as well as my jeep...I wish I still had the pictures on my phone. Made my 16 year old paint reflect like glass and covered the all scratches. It lasted through a couple of rain storms and 3-4 washes. As far as other turtle wax products though, I stay away as well.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
@Jordan..you said it right there...it HID the swirls, the idea is to get RID of them. ;)

and as mah man Vader said, everything they make is balls.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I have to say the Black Box by turtle wax works really well. I had great results with it on my mustang as well as my jeep...I wish I still had the pictures on my phone. Made my 16 year old paint reflect like glass and covered the all scratches. It lasted through a couple of rain storms and 3-4 washes. As far as other turtle wax products though, I stay away as well.
If you dont mind living with the swirls and scratches then by all means use it because it will temporarily hide them. But there are far better products on the market which I am sure your aware of. Basically all this product is a tinted glaze with some added polymers.

·
Houston Bullitt
160 Posts
Great rule of thumb, stick with meguiars products and your golden

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Poorboys FTW!!
I agree. Poorboys makes some good stuff.

Great rule of thumb, stick with meguiars products and your golden
While Meguiar's does make some terrific products, they also make some stuff I am far impressed with. Every company has it's good and bad products IMO.

As for Turtle Wax, I am sure we can all find something that we would use from them. I have used their ICE detailer as a cheap clay lube and it worked just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts