Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I will admit I am not a huge ford fan but I was a mechanic for 8 years before changing careers 2 years ago. I'm helping out a friend who has built a pretty impressive 89 Mustang. He came to me to ask me about a good chip for his car at a reasonable price. Everywhere I go online I keep hearing about tweecer but also hear that its not very user friendly. Would like your input on this chip and just how difficult is it to set this chip up?? Forgive me if I get any specs wrong as I'm not very knowledgeable on ford high performance mods. If I remember correctly he has a 347 stroker with trickflow heads. 42 lb fuel injectors, 2003(??) cobra MAF, edelbrock performer intake, twin turbochargers among a bunch of other goodies along with a 6 speed manual tranny (i forget which one) Should he buy the tweecer or is there something else out there that would better suit his needs? This car hasn't been driven yet, engine was fired up for the first time a few weeks ago. Sounded really awesome btw. Your input is appreciated! Thanks to all!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Hi all, I will admit I am not a huge ford fan but I was a mechanic for 8 years before changing careers 2 years ago. I'm helping out a friend who has built a pretty impressive 89 Mustang. He came to me to ask me about a good chip for his car at a reasonable price. Everywhere I go online I keep hearing about tweecer but also hear that its not very user friendly. Would like your input on this chip and just how difficult is it to set this chip up?? Forgive me if I get any specs wrong as I'm not very knowledgeable on ford high performance mods. If I remember correctly he has a 347 stroker with trickflow heads. 42 lb fuel injectors, 2003(??) cobra MAF, edelbrock performer intake, twin turbochargers among a bunch of other goodies along with a 6 speed manual tranny (i forget which one) Should he buy the tweecer or is there something else out there that would better suit his needs? This car hasn't been driven yet, engine was fired up for the first time a few weeks ago. Sounded really awesome btw. Your input is appreciated! Thanks to all!
the tweecer isnt user friendly to the person who dont know how to use it,it is very complicated but it also works very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jordan, In what way is it complicated? Is the software hard to use or do you need to be very familiar with electronic fuel injection and how it works? Blacksabith77, why dont you like tweecer? More info would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Jordan, In what way is it complicated? Is the software hard to use or do you need to be very familiar with electronic fuel injection and how it works? Blacksabith77, why dont you like tweecer? More info would be helpful, thanks.
Yes it is very very complicated.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Go to their website and download it for yourself. I tried to play with it and it is very "involved" to say the least. They actually let you download the program for free on their site so you can play with it for that exact reason, to see if you like it. It is a great piece, you just have to know what you are doing with it to get it to work right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts