Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bridging a pair of tweeters and have them hooked up to the front channels now. Would it better if i bridged them to the rear channels or it doesnt make a difference?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
not sure exactly what you mean by bridging in tweeters...are you just adding them to the original system or what?

either way you should probably go with the front, because you dont want the sound from the rear to be overpowering the front(or heard at all for that matter)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 2005-2009 do not come with tweeters in the doors. I added a pair of tweeters into the Apillars and decided to run them with my AMP that is already powering the 4 sets of speakers i have in my car.

Each channel right now is rated at 4 ohms 100RMS

I wired the right tweeter +/- with the existing wire that was going into channel one and the same with the left tweeter +/- to channel two.

This way on my AMP it is bridging them and will create the channel to be 2 ohm at 150 RMS. Since there are 2 speakers on it.. it should be technically cutting it in half and giving the speaker on channel 1 and 2 75 RMS each, and the tweeters 75 RMS each.

This is what I understand.

MXNATE. If I am completely off with the wiring... please tell me how I should wire it
JBL GTO1004 is my Amp.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
mxnate116 said:
either way you should probably go with the front, because you dont want the sound from the rear to be overpowering the front(or heard at all for that matter)
Yeah, definitely hook them up to the front channel.

I agree that you don't want the rear to be overpowering but disagree with saying you don't want to hear them at all (if that's the case, why have them?). You want your rear speakers loud enough to be heard but not noticed. The purpose is that is draws some of the accoustics back so it sounds like instruments are next to you. If you cannot hear your rear speakers, it's always going to sound like everything is coming from infront of you.

the 2005-2009 do not come with tweeters in the doors. I added a pair of tweeters into the Apillars and decided to run them with my AMP that is already powering the 4 sets of speakers i have in my car.

Each channel right now is rated at 4 ohms 100RMS

I wired the right tweeter +/- with the existing wire that was going into channel one and the same with the left tweeter +/- to channel two.

This way on my AMP it is bridging them and will create the channel to be 2 ohm at 150 RMS. Since there are 2 speakers on it.. it should be technically cutting it in half and giving the speaker on channel 1 and 2 75 RMS each, and the tweeters 75 RMS each.

This is what I understand.

MXNATE. If I am completely off with the wiring... please tell me how I should wire it
JBL GTO1004 is my Amp.
OK, so you have a total of 6 speakers (2 tweeters and 4 midrange/woofers)hooked up to a 4 channel amp. Channel 1 and 2 each have a midrange and tweeter wired in parallel. As long as your midrange speakers are also 4 ohms, you're wiring is good.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so you have a total of 6 speakers (2 tweeters and 4 midrange/woofers)hooked up to a 4 channel amp. Channel 1 and 2 each have a midrange and tweeter wired in parallel. As long as your midrange speakers are also 4 ohms, you're wiring is good.
This is correct. They are 4 ohms for all the speakers. Thanks bro!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I agree that you don't want the rear to be overpowering but disagree with saying you don't want to hear them at all (if that's the case, why have them?). You want your rear speakers loud enough to be heard but not noticed. The purpose is that is draws some of the acoustics back so it sounds like instruments are next to you. If you cannot hear your rear speakers, it's always going to sound like everything is coming from infront of you.
i will politely disagree with your disagreement :D

i guess it all boils down to personal preference. i WANT it to sound like the music is coming from in front of me, when the rear is blended in i catch random notes louder then the front and it makes me turn my head. natural reflex i guess. but i prefer all my sound (while in a vehicle) to come from in front of me (minus the substage)

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
i will politely disagree with your disagreement :D

i guess it all boils down to personal preference. i WANT it to sound like the music is coming from in front of me, when the rear is blended in i catch random notes louder then the front and it makes me turn my head. natural reflex i guess. but i prefer all my sound (while in a vehicle) to come from in front of me (minus the substage)
That's fine because music is all personal preference. I'm just saying that's how Boss, Harman (JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson), and the other major audio designers build their systems (I know because I used to design these systems).

There's a lot of people that also like massive bass and that's it. There's nothing wrong with that. But when you're looking to build quality sound (as accepted by the industry), that's not how you do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts