Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Sometimes cheaper is just not worth the chance.

Reactions: Ares

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Here's one of my winter projects. I am doing this to be able to read driveshaft speed. I am using the front passenger abs to read mph. Then with driveshaft speed I will be able to read rear wheel mph, calculate converter slip and be able to have traction control. I am going to use a stock timing wheel and crankshaft sensor. I will have $0 of cost and only my time invested. A company does make a setup to do this, but it would cost around $500 for everything needed. I always like thinking outside the box.
Since the timing wheel is missing one tooth I removed every other tooth. It makes it a 18:1 wheel. Then I used a driveshaft spacer to drill the 4 new holes. It is going to mount between the driveshaft and pinion flange.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Here it is installed.

And this is how it's setup in the Holley.

Reactions: Ares

·
Speed Junkie
23 Posts
Awesome engineering and great build! Your never fails to amaze me, no doubt. I’m very interested how this works out.

Couple questions for you. Are the I/O’s being controlled from the lcd I/O’s or the Holley ecu I/O’s?

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks. They are setup and controlled by the ecu. The ecu can send info to the dash but the dash cant send info to the ecu. Here are all of my inputs so far.

Attachments

·
Speed Junkie
23 Posts
Sweet and thank you for the info! I’m slowly getting familiar with the Holley software and never thought it was capable for traction control duty.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I tilted my intercooler forward. That allowed me to mount the transmission cooler behind the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Here is a relocated shifter plate I made. I can make them for a B&M shifter also. I'm gonna make one in carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
PPP shifter. It is the air shifted model with transbrake. To activate the transbrake you simply push the thumb button down then squeeze the handle all the way in while in 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Thats pretty simple. Very cool!! And that center console switch setup looks ridiculous like it came out of a plane, i am waiting for the afterburner switch to appear. ?

And i do mean that in a good way!

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Here was a test using air to shift.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I dont believe I will have an issue with the tires. I have double adjustable rear shocks. They will be tightened up at the track. I also have my car idling at about 850 rpms. It's louder in person.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I have my traction control working pretty good. Using real street tires I made it to 7100rpm in 1st gear making 17psi.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts