Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I have a 88 Lx 5.0L....and i was woundering what would be best to put in it ( Not for now....futur project). If i want a mean machine, with good track time...but still want to be able to ride it during the week to go to the store (you get the point lol) what would be the best? Supercharge or twin turbo? why?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Turbo hands down if you have the money.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lol. um.. usually the question is turbo or supercharge. but between two turbos and supercharge? thats like betting "edge" on a coin toss :)

Darrel knows his stuff. TT is the way to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lol. um.. usually the question is turbo or supercharge. but between two turbos and supercharge? thats like betting "edge" on a coin toss :)

Darrel knows his stuff. TT is the way to go.
are you even going to build the motor?it is all really personal preference because there are some very nice supercharger units out there that are alot cheaper than a turbo.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
superchargers are not cheaper then turbos....

Turbo kits are to be had cheaper the superchargers and you get just about everything you need to do a turbo including supporting mods such as fuel and suspension

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes, the question was opinionated slightly. but he said he want driveability as well.. and turbos are best for that since they have wastegates. open the wastegates and it becomes a friendly beast for grocery shopping.

now.. im not dissing superchargers, they do make nice cars

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Depends...

Turbos will likely make more average power and more peak power. But a lot more goes into a turbo kit and you have to deal with lots of heat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
heat wrap + i/c :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
^ I feel those two areas should be addressed before any poweradder. Especially with a fox platform....Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay thats what i was told before but...want to be confirmed. And an other question, I know it cant be exact but how much of a budget are we looking at to put a twin turbo in my 88 Lx 5.0 ?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
as much as you want/as much as you have to spend.......you can go over 2000hp if you have the money

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you need to decide how much power you want, how you want to drive it, and build/blueprint an engine accordingly

1 - 20 of 41 Posts