Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Tyhpon intake? Im just wondering what kinda of results I should expect from it, Its already ported also. So hopefully I will see a decent gain with the Procharger.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?? :dunno

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
you should of ordered the hardballer, gains a little bit more plus actually will fit. If you get that thing to fit without cursing for 8 hours and having to fab up something then your lucky, i have heard nothing but bad things about the typhoon. If you can cancel the order i would. Plus our stock intake suffices for what kinda power your planning to make.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
we had a typhoon on a 99 gt, we hated it. it became gutless below 3500, but it did come alive after 4k. the fitment was crap, and some of the threaded holes stripped out really eassy. there are some guys that swear by them, i personally dont really care for them.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lookin at the Hardballer and it looks pretty much the same :dunno And the one I am getting has been ported out by Anderson Motorsports. This is the first Ive heard about fitment issues, what doesnt seem to fit?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Im not looking to spend $1300. Thats the only problem...if I had the money Id get the Reichard Racing one. But $550 for a fully ported typhoon didnt seem like to bad of a deal. I just wonder what these fitment issues are.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
the intake bolt holes don't line up, along with other bolt holes. plus they really don't make any power, i know the hardballer looks the same but it makes more power and fits better. But they both look like the stock pi intake just not plastic.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
my friend just put 1 on his gt and when he dynoed it.. it would have done better with the plastic intake... it holds to much heat... u can port the plastic 1 and make me the same good numbers ..lol... the only purpose of the metal intake is so they dont break if you spreak the **** out of your car or running alot of boost....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts