Modded Mustang Forums banner

241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
in about 50 minutes we will get to see if oboma is able to talk teh nation into rallying behind him and going to war......

anyone else standing by for his speech.

I think maybe cartoon network might not be broadcasting it. There isnt crap on TV tonight anyway so as I watch the Reds get pummled by the Cubs again for no good reason, I will be watching. I would have to guess this might break some ratings records.

·
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master **** shoveler
4,120 Posts
yeah trust me im not going to watch it so i can follow him to the front lines lol.

im just interested in if he actaully has even ONE good point. plus the speech is only going to be like 15 minutes.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
yeah trust me im not going to watch it so i can follow him to the front lines lol.

im just interested in if he actaully has even ONE good point. plus the speech is only going to be like 15 minutes.
If the teleprompter jams it could easily turn into an hour...

I keed, I keed.

I have a feeling it will be very vague. I doubt it will contain to many solid points because he already has a fair idea that he isn't going to get the vote he wants from congress and he won't paint himself into a corner by discussing specifics as he will want to leave his options open so he can go over congresses head if he chooses to do so. He might bring up a plan but it will be nothing more than basics ( 90 days long, no boots on the ground, ect... ) and won't really cover what he wishes to accomplish or how much it is going to cost the US taxpayers.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
President home Boy gotta a cold? LOL! sounds like he swallowed a squeeker toy! That audio is way sensitive. sounds kinda like Darth Vader ...
now he's starting to sound like airbrakes on a truck. psssssss..pssssss...pssssss

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
i dont even want to watch it

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Is he really talking about how US ideals and principals are at stake here?

Sounds like it. He's not a great salesman. He didnt sound real passionate about anything.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
No problem.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Well ,this has just been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, on one hand ,i with pres Obama. and i understand the point that no matter what we cannot let thies kind of inhumanitiy to start running rampid at will .but our military familiys have givin so much to the world to hold these maniacs back from destroying life,But all in all Obama may be the one who is correct on this. at least it might have gave us a diplamatic breakthrew without chancing another full out war. Hopefully Obama can play this new hand of cards very carefully and make Putin own this **** now.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
His speech doesn't change a thing for me. I feel like it is just more pro-war propaganda and it is giving me flash-backs of the Bush-era and the push to invade Iraq in the name of WMD's.

We need to stay out of it.

Getting involved, dropping bombs and killing more folks and destroying their property is only more blood on our hands.

We can't afford it financially and we can't afford to go against the international community and lose more respect than we have already lost.

Everyone except the political elites in Washington don't want us intervening in this Syrian civil war, so they need to stop this push for more war.

Our top priorities right now should be ending our wars and bringing our military back home, bringing down the US Debt, and doing things to promote a stronger economy and job growth.

Let's fix the USA's problems for once and let the rest of the world deal with their own problems.

Besides, if this Syrian civil war was so terrible that it needed outside military intervention, the rest of the world would be supportive and help us go in, diplomatically or with a bombing campaign.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Well ,this has just been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, on one hand ,i with pres Obama. and i understand the point that no matter what we cannot let thies kind of inhumanitiy to start running rampid at will .but our military familiys have givin so much to the world to hold these maniacs back from destroying life,But all in all Obama may be the one who is correct on this. at least it might have gave us a diplamatic breakthrew without chancing another full out war. Hopefully Obama can play this new hand of cards very carefully and make Putin own this **** now.
I can't grasp the fact that people are still following this president and government blindly. What makes 2000 deaths different from another 100k deaths? You're jumping on a damn band wagon. What about Koni? Gudaffi? That whole statement of not letting inhumanity run rampant is backwards. Its been going on for not only centuries but 100's of thousands in the last couple years with multiple civil wars, but now this 2000 people means something? All of a sudden Obama cares?

He has no plan, no end game, no reasoning. He is grasping at straws.

"There is a red line"...."Congress and the world made the red line not me"...don't be naive and follow this clown to the end of then world. He's clueless

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Food for thought, our good friends Russia and Iran, have openly persecuted gay men and women to the extent of torture and killing. Somewhat of a genocide. Where is our presidents newly found views on gay rights on this issue? He wants to talk about american values...

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
His speech doesn't change a thing for me. I feel like it is just more pro-war propaganda and it is giving me flash-backs of the Bush-era and the push to invade Iraq in the name of WMD's.

We need to stay out of it.

Getting involved, dropping bombs and killing more folks and destroying their property is only more blood on our hands.

We can't afford it financially and we can't afford to go against the international community and lose more respect than we have already lost.

Everyone except the political elites in Washington don't want us intervening in this Syrian civil war, so they need to stop this push for more war.

Our top priorities right now should be ending our wars and bringing our military back home, bringing down the US Debt, and doing things to promote a stronger economy and job growth.

Let's fix the USA's problems for once and let the rest of the world deal with their own problems.

Besides, if this Syrian civil war was so terrible that it needed outside military intervention, the rest of the world would be supportive and help us go in, diplomatically or with a bombing campaign.
:exactly

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
[/COLOR]Food for thought, our good friends Russia and Iran, have openly persecuted gay men and women to the extent of torture and killing. Somewhat of a genocide. Where is our presidents newly found views on gay rights on this issue? He wants to talk about american values...

What exactly can OUR President do about THEIR gay rights issue besides talk to them here and there?!!!

Obama meets with Russian gay rights advocates - CNN.com

Obama Meets With Russian Gay Rights Activists, Civil Society Leaders

One of the elected officials got on Meet the Press and said he should stop playing "Community Organizer.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
you guys are totally correct on staying out of it , And yes Obamas leadershipe skills are scary. It just sucks that our own country has so many damn stupid problems to deal with , that we really don't have much of a footing to stand on until we get our own house in order , I really hope this Russin deal will be somthing. Even if it send just a small message to the worlds dictators , And Obama fells he got his thunder back ...and the **** just goes away

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
What exactly can OUR President do about THEIR gay rights issue besides talk to them here and there?!!!

Obama meets with Russian gay rights advocates - CNN.com

Obama Meets With Russian Gay Rights Activists, Civil Society Leaders

One of the elected officials got on Meet the Press and said he should stop playing "Community Organizer.
That's my point exactly. He needs to stay out of it completely just as he needs to with Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Korea etc. If the issue does not pose a direct threat to the US and its people, we have no business participating. And by threat I don't mean words. If action is taken against our country it needs to be defended. Other than that, so sorry not sorry

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I have one question...this is on topic in its own way.

What is the difference between "gassing" and "dropping a smart bomb"? The end result is still the same. Yes, I understand the chances of a smart bomb killing innocent children is less but I remember seeing alot of Iraqi body parts being pulled out of rubble that looked like child limbs. Death is death. The end result is the same. If i shoot a bullet and it misses the target and takes half a kids head off yet he lives...is it still the same? I think so. How can "INTENTIONS" define how we kill innocent people? Well, its OK if we "meant" to only kill adult bad guys. Im wrestling with this right now.

It reminds of the stories of how back in the day, Red Coats would stand in a line and march into fire. It was somehow "dishonorable" to try NOT to get shot? WTF?

Rules of war sometimes boggle my mind. There is no perfect indiscriminant killing weapon. It doesnt exist. Whatever means you use it can kill me the same as killing a kid or a kangaroo.

Someone explain this and then MAYBE the whole argument of this thread will make more sense to me.

241 - 260 of 279 Posts