Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 279 Posts

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
England has concluded that they will not join the us if we decide to pursue.

Here we go again, being nosy as ****

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

And john, congress votes to go to war. Not the president.
Somewhat true. The president has the means to bypass congress and attack without passing through congress if he deems the situation worthy of it and doesn't have time to go through congress.

Obama though will bypass congress on anything he can, he has even admitted to doing so. Yet people still support the ****ing idiot.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I say bomb em. Im done caring.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Obama though will bypass congress on anything he can, he has even admitted to doing so. Yet people still support the ****ing idiot.
Maybe because the idiots in congress are legislating from a position of party rather than responsibility?

John

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Somewhat agree on that too. Everyone just votes with their party (of course), but none of them even have a voice of their own anymore. Even if they dont agree with what their party is doing they will still vote with it so the democrats dont win.

Government is so screwed up right now that im completely done debating whats wrong with it because there isnt a book long enough to explain whats screwed up in it. That goes for both republicans and democrats.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Somewhat agree on that too. Everyone just votes with their party (of course), but none of them even have a voice of their own anymore. Even if they dont agree with what their party is doing they will still vote with it so the democrats dont win.

Government is so screwed up right now that im completely done debating whats wrong with it because there isnt a book long enough to explain whats screwed up in it. That goes for both republicans and democrats.
Completely agree with you. Now we need to figure out how we can get a law passed that requires that congress cannot exempt itself from the laws that they pass that are required of the american population.

John

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Somewhat true. The president has the means to bypass congress and attack without passing through congress if he deems the situation worthy of it and doesn't have time to go through congress.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

There's a time limit though. I can't recall specifics though.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Completely agree with you. Now we need to figure out how we can get a law passed that requires that congress cannot exempt itself from the laws that they pass that are required of the american population.

John
Yes we do!
True. But he can definitely call missile strikes with it. I dont know if this current situation fits into the context of the laws though for him bypassing congress, and since congress is protesting then im guessing it doesnt. However, there is times when he can, although I believe its only in times where we are attacked or are in eminent danger, such as immediately after 9/11. This situation is nothing like that so I would say that he does not have the power to bypass congress in this one.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
60 days,

Source: genious

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Don't agree here. Congress sucks just as much, if not more dick than The President.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
We need to stay out of it and let those people fight for their own freedom. It's a civil war and we have no business in it. :no

We have enough wars to deal with that we still can't seem to end.

Oh, and aside from that, **** what the world thinks of us. No other nation is stepping up to end the fighting over there.

We're not guilty of anything if we stay out of it. If we get in it, will it turn in to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., or worse for us? Which side will put what blame on us for intervening and will that cause even worse blowback?

Add to that, there are too many Jihadists over there, and they don't and never have liked the West, Jews and Christians, so why support them in any way?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level

Copied and pasted from an email I got. FUNNY!

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
I say we do one of two options.

Option A: Brutality. Lay waste to the entire ****ing country, harvest all of their oil, then pack up and leave. You don't want to play by the rules the UN has laid out? Fine. Bomb them into absolute oblivion, take all their resources, and leave them to die. Teach them a lesson real ****ing quick who not to piss off. And not this piddly-ass bombing of "strategic targets," I'm talking about full on, B-52 carpet bombing of anything and everything. No mercy.

Option B: Ignore them and the rest of the world. Use it as a jumping off point to tell the world that no, we are not the world police, no, we do not give a **** about their problems, and if any stupid ass extremist groups get the bright idea to attack us, we bomb the ever living **** all out of them.

This concept that America has to play police to the rest of the world is old school thinking. Other countries used to be afraid of us, mostly because we had a metric **** ton of nukes pointed at them, and they had no real way to hit us. Now that they've figured out ways to hit us, the whole "America is king ****" philosophy has really crumbled. We need to either stop screwing with other countries or make a point that if we get it in our heads that we're going to hit you, then you are absolutely not going to get back up.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
98 firey gt . spot on, its sad but we keep doing the same **** over and over and keep expecting a diffrent result.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
This isn't the situation, but what if a country unleashed a small scale nuclear device on their people. Would we stand by?

Countries shouldn't use certain weapons, such as chemical, against their own people. I'm not saying we should go to war, or we even have anything to gain, but there has to be some sort of line we don't let people cross without repercussion.

21 - 40 of 279 Posts