Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MachFanatic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed SVE upper and lower control arms on my 03 mach 1. From what I have read on the forum, this was a bad idea and only added to the binding. My question is If I buy the spherical bushings that replace the stock ones on the axle side of the UCA, am I ok. I don't have any more money to buy new UCAs but I sure as hell don't want things to break. Right now my car is mainly a DD but I plan on taking it down the track once in a while. I wont go past 4.10s and a tune as far as HP is concerned. Sorry for kicking the dead horse :deadhorse, but I need the help.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Yes, that will all but eliminate the bind completely. It will increase transmitted noise slightly but a wise modification to unbind the rear.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Here's a pic of what the bushings will do. They will help a lot. You can see how much natural deflection there is.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Hey, that's an ass pic of my car Nick!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
bulloch is spot on here... and has a nice ass too :shiftyeyes

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts

·
MachFanatic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha ok guys thanks. Is the install fairly simple or are there any pains I should be aware. of. I really appreciate the help.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
haha ok guys thanks. Is the install fairly simple or are there any pains I should be aware. of. I really appreciate the help.
Bulloch, you take this one.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Well, Bulloch did his own. I've never done them, but from what I understand, they can be kindof a bitch to install, but worth every minute of your effort in the pursuit of chassis alignment and eliminating binding.

·
MachFanatic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I see. well I would be doing it myself so any tips from Bulloch would be appreciated. Just wondering what kind of tools and methods were preferred.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
PM him.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Sorry, was day dreaming. Put the sphericals in the freezer for a few hours to shrink them a bit. There are a shitpot of different methods for removing the OEM bushings and sleeves (search function). My method is an air hammer to collapse the sleeves with the bushings still in them and pound them out. Put the new sphericals up to the hole and litely tap it in with a hammer. They'll all but slide in by the way. Put a bit of loctite on the retainer ring threads and thread it on. The two tools most people don't have that they need for this is an air hammer and a rather large crescent wrench (chanel lock type pliers work too). On a lift it's about a fifteen minute job.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Ahhhhhh. Yes they are aren't they. I think Nick took that picture when I was replacing the pinion seal and installing a diff girdle. I didn't notice that initially.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts