Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
you have a computer, google that bitch.

for some reason I think the crank is ~40lbs and water pump is ~18. not 100% though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know steeda's specs are:
66 ft/lb
then loosen one full turn
tighten 37 ft/lb
then turn additional 90 degrees

don't know if they are different for different brands or types though.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ive NEVER torqued down my water pump nor harmonic balancer! :sorry

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Get the water pump bolts fairly tight with some blue loctite on them and itll be good, torque the crank pulley to factory specs, and slam the alternator one on with an impact and youre good to go.

Im sure some smart--- will say this is technically incorrect, but at the same time along with boostang I have never torqued the water pump bolts be it mine or cars at work and have yet to have a problem with mine or come back on a job, just slapped them on with 1/4 or 3/8 impact and blue loctite.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah i was thinking of just doing factory specs on the Crank pulley. Im only replacing the Front Crank Seal. But i called 2 ford dealers and they all said they can't help me. They'd have to ask a tech. Which they won't do. wtf.

Does anyone know the Factory Specs for the crank Pulley? Someone has to know, People have to switch their UD pulleys back to stock when they supercharge...

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
125 ft/lbs

Reason they wont ask a tech is theyll get told to **** off. Been there said that. You get paid on flat rate, you dont have time to waste. Some parts guy comes out and asks you hey whats the torque on __________. If you dont know youd have to look it up on the computer which kills time. So techs just pretty much say **** off dont bother me, so parts guys wont bother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts