Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.... I know theres been many post about UDP's before but none FULLY answered my questions. I want to buy UDP's for my 2002 V6 and have several questions.

What is the main difference between 25% and 42%?
I actually gave someone a boost yesterday and I was wondering if having UDP's would affect the alternators charge?
What performance gains can I expect in terms of gas and or hp?
Lastly, where can I buy a complete kit? I checked rpmoutlet and was unsure of what which to purchase. I doesn't make a difference which site I get them from.

I have no sound systems installed so i've heard people suggest different things in that case. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Hello all.... I know theres been many post about UDP's before but none FULLY answered my questions. I want to buy UDP's for my 2002 V6 and have several questions.

What is the main difference between 25% and 42%?
I actually gave someone a boost yesterday and I was wondering if having UDP's would affect the alternators charge?
What performance gains can I expect in terms of gas and or hp?
Lastly, where can I buy a complete kit? I checked rpmoutlet and was unsure of what which to purchase. I doesn't make a difference which site I get them from.

I have no sound systems installed so i've heard people suggest different things in that case. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The main difference is how much reduction there is on the main pulley... i.e. the crank pulley... the grater the percentage the smaller the pulley is...

You mean you Jumped someones car?? iut will affect your chraging but not to much if you don't have anything extra going on... i always recommend that you get an over drive pulley for your alternator just incase... cause its a $10 pulley it won't hurt, just help

I noticed about a 2mpg increase over the last year and also i noticed a very small increase in over all horse power... UDP are known to free up rotating drag and increase responsive-ness... imo they are a better buy then CAI's

It does matter where you buy them... never buy from RPM-Outlet... they are total crap many forum members never recieve there item or money back... I would suggest looking at VMPtuning or RPM-Mustang... I beleive Delk Performance carries them as well as v6mustangstuff and dallas stangs... but they are a little more pricey

Hope that helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I checked VMP Tuning and saw a 01-04 25% Crank Pulley with belt for $225. They have the OD Alt Pulley for $40. Would the crank pully and belt be all I need? If I were to also add the OD pulley, does this change anything with the performance? Or does it just help with charging issues? I was a little confused because when I looked at rpm I saw they had a few different pulleys and was unsure if they were all the same kit.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i have that 01 25% pulley and belt from vmp that i would sell you for $150 shipped, i am getting an m112 so i have not use for it, it was used for 3000 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want it new from a reputable dealer. I rather that way just in case I have any problems with it. I can't bug a person about warranty for a used item, you know what I mean. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry to threadjack, but what is considered a "Complete Pulley Kit"?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well from my assumption of a "Complete Pulley Kit" is basically all items and accessories needed to install i.e. crank pulley and belt?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course this is not including tools to install

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought it was Crank, Alternator, and Water Pump???

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I want it new from a reputable dealer. I rather that way just in case I have any problems with it. I can't bug a person about warranty for a used item, you know what I mean. Thanks for the offer though.
1 in 100 times you will get your money back because of warranty and issues of that sort... justin is a great guy and wouldn't sell you a bad product... but neither would another forum member

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay.... but going back to where I can buy it. I've only seen crank pulleys with belt. A couple guys said a complete kit is Crank, Alternator, and Water Pump.... can anyone send me a link to something like that? Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay... thats the one I was looking at. I'll most likely end up buying it from there. Thanks.... now it makes sense that the older models use the other pulleys. I was confused with the different ones. I should hopefully have it done in the next few weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts