1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i have never had an isue im in my second year with them on now

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Ive had mine a year and no problem either. That I think will only happen on a super hot summer day and you are sitting on the freeway in traffic with your air conditioning blasted!! I wouldnt worry about it. So many people have done them already on the new stangs and Ive only heard of like 2 issues and they are usually due to installation error.

·
Registered
555 Posts
sounds like he is haveing more of a water pump problem if I were you when I did udp's I would do an electric water pump anyways to see more gains just my 2 cents

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i am in east texas....have lots of hot summer days just sitting in traffic :sorry

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
sounds like he is haveing more of a water pump problem if I were you when I did udp's I would do an electric water pump anyways to see more gains just my 2 cents
I wouldnt suggest an electric water pump. They are for race applications. You cant jsutify the cost for the hp gains and also alot of people have had problems with the quit working and the cars overheating. Brent at Brenspeed advised to stay away on street applications. Thats:2cents

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
well i am in east texas....have lots of hot summer days just sitting in traffic :sorry
I really wouldnt worry about it. I was on the 15 to vegas sitting in stopped traffic in 115 degree heat for hour an a half and I didnt overheat or even close to overheating and I haf the ac on the wole time. Also I live in Southern Cali and we also have hot summers and I sit in traffic for my commute.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wouldnt worry about it. I was on the 15 to vegas sitting in stopped traffic in 115 degree heat for hour an a half and I didnt overheat or even close to overheating and I haf the ac on the wole time. Also I live in Southern Cali and we also have hot summers and I sit in traffic for my commute.
cool beans, thats good to know
thnx! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've had mine over a year and spent much of last summer driving and sitting in traffic in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas - no problems despite the extreme heat and the AC blasting.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts