Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about underdrive pullys and whats the best to get?

my friend was worried about me getting them because most of them arent dampened? i have no clue what all that means but he was saying that the un dampened ones arent balanced or something..

lets see some insight on this please. ide like to pick up two or three extra ponys without spending a boatload

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Steeda all the way. And don't put on the alternator pulley because Machs already have an underdrive pulley on for the alternator. And Steeda's pulleys are harmonically dampened and I called Steeda to confirm before I bought them.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks. what kinda hp do they add

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Maybe 5 I'd say. Not a whole lot. Here's what happened to me.

I found out I was running lean so and got a tuner. Prior to tuning the car to make it run normally I was putting down 290hp to the wheels. After the tune and after UDPs I was running 292rwhp. Granted the tune probably took away a lot of that but I still didn't feel much of a difference with the UDPs.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it really worth it to add udp's for 2hp?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I like steeda ud, steeda makes timing adjuster fit in their damper..I set my mine at 13 degrees ..made a big different in performance..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eh ill just hold off on them i guess. doesnt really sound worth it until im making like $16 an hour or something !

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
is it really worth it to add udp's for 2hp?
I don't know how much I gained from the UDPs because I was running lean. By making the mix more rich I took away some HP and then the UDPs added some back. I don't know how much though. And I had 3 different oil leaks at the time so that might be a reason for the low numbers. I may be back at the dyno this week after having put on a PHP spacer and an aluminum driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
yea a had something about that, i put pullies on my car about 4 days ago they dont make a noticible difference:(

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well as soon as income tax comes in, im ordering my dr gas x pipe and xcal3. after that im not really sure what to do.. that will put me , intake, midpipe, exhaust, shifter, tuner, and im trying to stay away from the very expensive stuff like headers ( expensive due to the install) and im not sure that I want to change my gear because im already having trouble with traction with the 3.55 and at 70mph in 5th im at 2 grand and that **** kills me. if i was going to upgrade gears i wouldnt do a 3.73 because I wouldnt see that to be worth it, ide prolly jump to a 4.10 and i think that would be to much so I guess stock will have to do for a long while. the big reason i hate the 2k rpm in 5th is because i drive highway to work and that **** gets annoying, and when i get the midpipe that will only make it that much worse. dont get me wrong i love the sound but eh.. it just gets to ya every day haha. glad i have the work truck, but im so soft hearted i let family drive it all the time and im stuck in the mach 1 . lol

so while im at it. after you read all that above, what do you guys think my next move should be? what im really looking for is well of course horsepower and i know HP dont come cheap, especially since ive already got most of the ' cheap' stuff done. im just not sure where to go from here. I do however know i have traction problems so i may need tires of some sort, but i dont want to lose the factory wheels for a good while. ide say eventually im gona get black wheels of some sort with a polished lip. that i know! and im going to get window tint at some point. prolly 20-25%, i dont think 35% will be enough. im not sure

ill stop yacking and let someone reply!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how in the HELL did you read that fast? i hit reply and i hit F5 and your post was already there.. geez-

ya kno.. im not really sure where im going to get it. americanmuscle.com offers it for like 379 or so. and thats 3 tunes + a custom tune for free.

the only thing about custom tune is, i dont want to say well ' ive got intake, mufflers, midpipe, and have the custom tune for that then turn around and add something else and have to order a new tune. that would suck. bc im sure its not cheap

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I offer 1 tune for $40.00 instead of $75.00

And that includes 2 years of free retunes if you decide to add more mods

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so what is the price on the tuner itself.

and what do you mean the thing only comes with ONE tune. it doesnt come with the factory 3 tunes?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
the factory tune is only one turn itself.

the tuner is the same price as the comp.

but they don't offer the support and free retunes I do.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh i thought they came with 3 different tunes.

my buddy has one for his diesel and its got a performance tune, and some gas saver tune, and towing tune, and then a custom tune for his mods

1 - 20 of 30 Posts