Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get some udp's but i was looking at stedda and thiers are almost $200 i can buy some BBK's from a friend for $80 i was wondering if there is a big difference between the two udp's?

·
Registered
240 Posts
BBK's are piggy back style, the stock crank dampener bolts on in front of the new crank dampener where as the steeda one replaces the whole thing. A lot of people don't like the bbk's because of that, I have them and have no problem with them at all.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I used a piggy back for a few years till I got supercharged and had no problems. But if I was gunna do it again, Id get the Steeda's

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you cant beat the $80 but if you were gonna buy them for ''quality'', persay, then your better off with steeda.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have the Steedas and I only paid $150.00 for mine. I bought them on Ebay they were brand new in the box. Look around and try your AM discount, it helps.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i got steedas from am and payed like 178 with the discount. the qaulity is well worth the dollar amount, i have heard alot of horror stories with piggy back style, such as the dampner coming loose. id go with steeda ftw

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Yes, I have heard bad things from the piggybacked style as well. Get the steedas. Pay once instead of twice, it's usually cheaper the 1st time around anyhow.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
:withhomo haha j/k. **ok, bored now with nothing else to do, damn!**

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm not saying that steeda isnt the best, I believe it is. but i wouldnt pass up $80 pullies either. Buy them if you dont like them sell them on ebay lol

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I just shy away from products that I hear negative feedback from. I have not heard anyone complain about the Steeda UDPs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i had march before the blower and they made a noticeable difference in the upper rpm's..no problems with the piggyback style here

·
Registered
168 Posts
My car had piggyback pullies when I got it. From the day I left the lot it would misfire at high rpms and the dealer I got it from couldn't tell why. They sent it to another dealer and replaced the plugs, coilpacks and a ton of other stuff till they eventually figured out the crank pulley was losening itself. they tightened it several times and it kept getting lose. One day I ripped a nasty second and heard some clunking then saw the pulley rolling down the road. Turns out the bolt snapped off in the crank, leaving me needing a new shortblock on a car with less than 40k on it and a 14k loan on it.

The dealer said they wouldn't cover it but could put in a new oem shortblock for $3500, every lawyer I talked to wanted a $3000 retainer and I wasn't going to put up 3k to chance getting back 3500. I was S.O.L. so I decided to take out a second loan and build a motor since I owed more than the car was worth.Now I have 2 payments on the car and owe more than my buddy does on his termi.

I will never put an inferior part on my car (even tho they were on it when I got it). I know this is a worst case scenario nightmare but trust me is sucks to live it. Sorry to vent but I just wanted to share my horrible experience on the subject and hope it helps someone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts