Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I vote for doing motor mounts first and seeing if that alleviates the issue. Motors mounts break down and regardless if yours aren't bad it still wouldn't hurt to replace them so if the torquing over isn't the issue you haven't blown a lot of money. I just recently did the mounts in my car and I must say it was an amazing improvement in the drive train. I think the brace may be a little overkill but that's just me

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I vote for doing motor mounts first and seeing if that alleviates the issue. Motors mounts break down and regardless if yours aren't bad it still wouldn't hurt to replace them so if the torquing over isn't the issue you haven't blown a lot of money. I just recently did the mounts in my car and I must say it was an amazing improvement in the drive train. I think the brace may be a little overkill but that's just me
The brace fixed it for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Did you go with poly or spherical bushings?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm buying.the torque limiters che k member thing.now. I really don't expect it to be an internal problem. I take pretty good care of my car I've never even done a burn out as sad as that sounds.It's so sad that When I do go wot in my car it feels like a rocket ship cause I forget how it feels lol.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'm also getting the motor mounts.... poly mounts I got the frpp cams which lope pretty nicely and vibrate a lot so the mounts are probably more worn than they should be.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

This is the most abuse my car has ever endured in three years and I felt so guilty after LOL. I had a 75 shot in it once too I sprayed like twice and got scared to do it again lol.

Watch "Matte black 2010 Mustang GT idle and rev" on YouTube

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also have a funky second gear. It has always felt stiff engaging at higher rpms, even when new. Ive been looking at BMR's Front end kit (lowered K Member and A Arms) with torque limiters or is this overkill? Shedding 40ish pounds of the weight up front sounds like a + to me

21 - 25 of 25 Posts