Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 V6 mustang flowmasters dual exhaust/ Cold Air Intake on the way.

So im wondering whats next?

I was thinking of a tune but most of my car is stock so i didnt think a tune will help any..

I also was thinking of a shift kit or changing out the gears

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone point me to a tuner on AM? like which one should I buy and what exactly can i expect from it such as HP and acceleration etc

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Can anyone point me to a tuner on AM? like which one should I buy and what exactly can i expect from it such as HP and acceleration etc
This is the one I have and many members go with. I love it :yes
SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I can't give you specific numbers but don't expect big gains from just exhaust, CAI, and a tune. But with the tuner you can change your shift points and shift firmness, increase the timing to run a high octane fuel (which will give you a little power gain), and things like that. Plus it's great to have a tuner as you get into bigger and bigger mods. Some mods will require a tune, such as gears.

·
Registered
744 Posts
yes for the manual you will still get a better running car, but with an auto it shifts 10000 times better. First thing will be new gears, tlok, wheels/tires, windstar intake or if your serious enough then forced induction. I think im going with the M112 from mysteed

·
Registered
744 Posts
haha that would be terrible unless you live on the drag strip! imagine going 60 but being at like 6K in 5th gear

·
Registered
164 Posts
4.10s t-lock should be your next move definitely.

·
Registered
337 Posts
have you thought about where you wanna end up with this car? like what you actually want it to do? figuring out this part is always better than arbitrairily throwing mods on. as a matter of fact depending on what your goals are there might be a ton of stuff you DON'T need.

also remeber that though it is a v6, it is still a mustang. that means all of the suspension, weight loss, and drivetrain mods that exist for GTs still exist for you.

also since you are auto remeber you can get a higher stall converter for it. this allows you to launch at a higher rpm at the drag strip. however I don't know how much a near stock v6 really needs higher stall.

·
Banned
156 Posts
have you thought about where you wanna end up with this car? like what you actually want it to do? figuring out this part is always better than arbitrairily throwing mods on. as a matter of fact depending on what your goals are there might be a ton of stuff you DON'T need.

also remeber that though it is a v6, it is still a mustang. that means all of the suspension, weight loss, and drivetrain mods that exist for GTs still exist for you.

also since you are auto remeber you can get a higher stall converter for it. this allows you to launch at a higher rpm at the drag strip. however I don't know how much a near stock v6 really needs higher stall.

My car will be mainly for street. Basically I just want good fast pickup acceleration. Good low end power

1 - 20 of 34 Posts