Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so was going to walmart and my wife notisd some smoke, so i was like ****, pulled over and poped the hood, NO FIRE (thank god) so i looked under the car, freakin oil on the pipes and it looked very fresh. so i started watching the oil pressure, going up and down dramaticly and getting LOW when at about 3 or 4 thousand rpm.

what gaskets like to go the most often in these cars, could it be just the pan gasket?

what wieght oil should i be putting back into it and how much?

oh and i did check the dip stick and it said it was full and i even added 2 quarts of 10-30 and it didnt seem to help :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would start by checking the drain plugs and oil filter to make sure its not loose or cracked. Then I would check the gasket on the pan. If you have anything tapped into the pan or a feeder line (oil pressure gauge, line for a SC) or even a crack in the pan. Other than those things, I would find me a lift and spray it down with brake cleaner and then fire it up while someone checks for the leak. If its a stock pan, its 5 qts. Don't ever overfill one. If it that much smoke it shouldn't be hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts