Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know which is better for suspension parts? UMI has a couple parts with thicker flanges but I want to know how they both compare

Performance wise, not cost.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our products.

Both companies make good products and honestly you won't go wrong with either one.

UMI has been manufacturing suspension products since 2003. Our 2005 to present Mustang line is a little smaller at this time however we are expanding it on a weekly basis. We have great feedback, great customer and technical support. Also all products are designed and manufactured right in Pennsylvania USA. We also stand behind our products if an issue does arise.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you! :)

Ryan

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
I can't speak for UMI, but BMR makes some killer products. I run their uppers and lowers with hard mounted bushings and they are great.

Having said that, for UMI to come and here and promote their products while still letting you know that BMR makes quality products as well says loads about UMI's integrity. It tells me that UMI isn't afraid to compare their products to anyone's being that I consider BMR to be top of the line.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
BMR is just more proven, more known...that doesnt mean UMI doesnt make solid products. Give them a try if the price is right

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
A few people on s197forum.com have bought UMI products and love them. UMI has very good prices(their base LCA's are $105.00!!!), so if you're on a tight budget, I'd go with them, although I have heard similar reviews about BMR.

+1 to what Mickey said.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. BMR has been fabricating S197 suspensions longer than any other suspension manufacturer. We have more suspensions and more happy customers than anyone else. We design everything in-house and we build everything in-house. We put pride in our designs and pride in our craftsmanship and it shows in our products.

There are also some fast Drag Radial cars running our products. Donald Long is putting together a 2500+ horsepower S197 for a Drag Radial class and he runs off-the-shelf BMR products. If our product can launch a monster like that, it can handle any daily driver or weekend warrior.

BMR is having a 15% OFF sale on all Mustang product from now until November 16th!!

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. BMR has been fabricating S197 suspensions longer than any other suspension manufacturer. We have more suspensions and more happy customers than anyone else. We design everything in-house and we build everything in-house. We put pride in our designs and pride in our craftsmanship and it shows in our products.

There are also some fast Drag Radial cars running our products. Donald Long is putting together a 2500+ horsepower S197 for a Drag Radial class and he runs off-the-shelf BMR products. If our product can launch a monster like that, it can handle any daily driver or weekend warrior.

BMR is having a 15% OFF sale on all Mustang product from now until November 16th!!
Thanks for chiming in, Dennis. The uppers and lowers have made all the difference in the world in my set up. The car will actually try to bite in second with street tires on!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Both, LOL.

I've been happy with every BMR product I've purchased, both new and used.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I have lots of BMR under my car and it is the only brand suspension i will buy. Nothing against UMI at all, I havent used their product so I cant comment on quality. I do know that BMR is outstanding though!!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Thanks again for the kind words!!! If you need another other parts check out our veterens day sale in the sponsors forum. Theis sale will run thu 6pm est monday november 16th. If you have any questions please let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts