Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a set of bbk pullies on Craigslist and it came with a new bolt for the alt. bracket but the original for installing the pulley onto the crank snout was lost by the guy I bought them from.

Does anybody know the specs of the bolt I need or have one I could buy from them?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
And you can't use the old one?

·
Noob
828 Posts
The one that gets the new crankshaft pulley on? I have one of those. It only helps putting it on, it's not the one that stays on there though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one that gets the new crankshaft pulley on? I have one of those. It only helps putting it on, it's not the one that stays on there though.
That's exactly the one I need. Virtually all the install guides say to use it and I can't install them til I find one. Any chance you'd sell it to me?

·
Noob
828 Posts
To be honest, I don't think you need it. I got mine on there without even using it. I guess it depends on whether you can wiggle the pulley far enough for the original bolt to catch. You can always just go to a hardware store and get a longer bolt then the original one. Its just a regular bolt. If you can't find one, i'd gladly send you mine as long as you can cover the shipping cost.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Ok and no prob. Just try without a bolt first, unless its ur DD

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think about reusing the stock crank pulley bolt. I know they're supposed to be TTY but if I can reuse it that would be much easier. Anyone else reuse the stock bolt?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have heard of it being done without problems from other people, I have never done it though

·
Registered
354 Posts
The crank pulley bolt is $9.00
I replaced mine

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts