Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I saw someone talkin about a under drive pully what does that exactly do?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
you really should search man, but they lessen the spin of your accesories to rob less power from the engine. Far bettter begginer mods for your car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
get em unless you have a bangin stereo system. they only take 30min to 2 hours, depends on if its your first time doing it or not. or if you know what you are doing.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its my first time lol my cherry =P looks like I'll do it l8r on in the future

·
Registered
301 Posts
ok pm me when you are going to do it. i can give you full instructions

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i have heard quite a bit about manifold what does that do

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the intake manifold is big flat thing on top and ugrading it is just part of flowing more air

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
intake manifold is vital because lets say it is highly resrictive.. no matter how big of a CAI, or RAM AIR you get, that intake manifold is still restricing the heads flow the same amount = no power. Intake manifold/head/cam = teh sexinez

·
Registered
371 Posts
i was happy with my underdrive pulleys overall, i know dyno wise they ad what 1 or 2 hp but still, i got mine for $50 and easy to install

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im thinkin itll be a while before i get underdrive pulleys because of the fact that add minimal power for the price and like sean was implying if you use the alt pulley its gonna put out even lower voltage

·
Registered
13 Posts
much better off saving for intake manifold or heads or somethin..
Yeah this is a good point. It will help you move a little faster but not a ton. Its relieving your engines workload, and usually looks cool too. Headers + Cams ftw or if your kess on the financial scale Intake + Exhaust + Better Gas

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
are you guys crazy ?? underdrives are cheap and they make a much better buy at this time then an intake , the heads are the major restriction on 5.0s, and until you upgrade the heads the stock intake will work fine. get some underdrives, they'll free up around 8 - 10 horses and the motor will rev much quicker, just DON'T get the race pulleys

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the motor fan =(
by heads you mean headers right? or is that something else

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
heads and headers are different, your intake bolts to the heads, air flows thru the intake and is mixed with fuel from the injectors and goes into the heads where valves open and let the air and fuel into the combustion chamber where a piston comes up and compresses it and the spark plug ignites it which forces the piston down and produces power, whats left of the combustion gasses flows back thru the exhaust valve in the head and into the headers and out of the exhaust system

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oooo ok sorry I miss understood so when I start to do stuff to her what should be the first 3 things I do to her besides the Intake

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Do heads cam and intake first if you can get the money......a lil under 2500

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow that much for heads and cams? wow yeah it wont be awhile im still makin her stable and solid shes comin along though I remember some guy told me I was trying to build rome in a day and I really thought about it and that was one of the smartest things ive ever heard it really made me slow down and relax a little but shes gettin there

would I be able to install them myself or should I have someone else do it like a pro and how much do they run and how much am I gonna tell a diff

1 - 20 of 49 Posts