Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys....ok im so im on orders to go to germany in January, im planning on taking my stang to germany...i plan on getting a nsx when i come back from deployment but i am first going to finish my stang fully built motor boost etc, ok long story short i plan on keeping my stang 4ever so is there any kind of spray paint, paint, protection period that will insure that my undercarriage suspension components etc dont get ruined by rust from the salt they lay down up there?...2nd this is directed to anybody who has been over there military, lived there, visited anything...are there any good tuners that are popular that somebody can give me a heads up on so i can get my stang worked on up there that anybody knows of via address, website, anything? Thankx:yes

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats up guys....ok im so im on orders to go to germany in January, im planning on taking my stang to germany...i plan on getting a nsx when i come back from deployment but i am first going to finish my stang fully built motor boost etc, ok long story short i plan on keeping my stang 4ever so is there any kind of spray paint, paint, protection period that will insure that my undercarriage suspension components etc dont get ruined by rust from the salt they lay down up there?...2nd this is directed to anybody who has been over there military, lived there, visited anything...are there any good tuners that are popular that somebody can give me a heads up on so i can get my stang worked on up there that anybody knows of via address, website, anything? Thankx:yes
anybody.? any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
225 Posts
i bought a 66 ford fairlane when i was 14, the entire car was coated with rubberized undercoating. i got it in the mountains ofNorth Carolina, lots of salt. i think its the only reason the thing wasnt falling apart. maybe that will help.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i have undercoating on my stang it does help. they also check it every year to see if they gotta touch it up. i think it was a few hundred bucks, i forget it was part of my package when i bought it new. a lot of salt air where i live, so its pretty common to have this done here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have undercoating on my stang it does help. they also check it every year to see if they gotta touch it up. i think it was a few hundred bucks, i forget it was part of my package when i bought it new. a lot of salt air where i live, so its pretty common to have this done here.
really ...where r u located? and a couple a hundred as in 2-300 or more?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
really ...where r u located? and a couple a hundred as in 2-300 or more?
i forget exactly how much it was, but i dont think it was more than 500. i'm located in hawaii about 1 mile from the ocean and the seabreeze is filled with salt. when the wind changes it gets worse. i shipped my mustang over from a neighbor island when it was brand new and when it got here it was coated with salt. my 92 LX under the car is very rusty from the salt and humidity, wreaks havoc over here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forget exactly how much it was, but i dont think it was more than 500. i'm located in hawaii about 1 mile from the ocean and the seabreeze is filled with salt. when the wind changes it gets worse. i shipped my mustang over from a neighbor island when it was brand new and when it got here it was coated with salt. my 92 LX under the car is very rusty from the salt and humidity, wreaks havoc over here.
damn....aite appreciate it man....im in sc so im sure they dont have any stuff like that at the dealers...ive been looking into the cans of rubberized coating...i think i may take my chances with that being i dont have to long b4 i leave

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
under coating is a good idea anywhere you may live. Most places spray an oil like film under the car and door panels ect... Have a look at Rust Check brand name, protect vehicles appearance, proofing companies, manufactures rust preventatives, manufacturer of coatings, manufacturer of rust paints, manufacturer of lubricants and auto repair industry or KROWN RUST CONTROL and you will find everything you need to know. That rubberized rock guard is good for wheel wells and thats about it, the other stuff I mentioned above is thinner so it gets into smaller spots. If you do have it done make sure you take a good look at the job they done, they sometimes only spray where you can see;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you buy the product and spray it on yourself, make sure you wear a mask. Most of the undercoat is made from a tar and oil base. Don't let anyone blow smoke up your ass about how much better their product is. Most are the same, unless someone is using something different from tar & oil.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you buy the product and spray it on yourself, make sure you wear a mask. Most of the undercoat is made from a tar and oil base. Don't let anyone blow smoke up your ass about how much better their product is. Most are the same, unless someone is using something different from tar & oil.
good info.....ill make sure of that

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was stationed at Bamberg Germany when I bought my 05 stang. I had it over a year there and through a pretty hard winter. They don't use salt on the roads there they use ash or something like it. Whatever it is it doesn't rust your car out like the stuff we use here. I did have undercoating on my car but I wish I didn't just cause it looks ugly under there. I was there 6 years and my other vehicles didn't have undercoating and they didn't rust at all.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was stationed at Bamberg Germany when I bought my 05 stang. I had it over a year there and through a pretty hard winter. They don't use salt on the roads there they use ash or something like it. Whatever it is it doesn't rust your car out like the stuff we use here. I did have undercoating on my car but I wish I didn't just cause it looks ugly under there. I was there 6 years and my other vehicles didn't have undercoating and they didn't rust at all.
really?!..best info i could have got on this thread...thanks alot bro!..u just saved me a lot of time that id rather spend on other stuff b4 i go:yes

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If you decide to do it yourself it will be a mess so be prepared for that. You'll end up with it in your hair and face and all over the ground. You could just drive right up to a rust protection service and they will do it while you wait.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you decide to do it yourself it will be a mess so be prepared for that. You'll end up with it in your hair and face and all over the ground. You could just drive right up to a rust protection service and they will do it while you wait.
easier said than done...been tryna track one down in sc but no good results yet

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You're kidding! What about some places that offer multiple services? I know around here we have places like that that do tinting, undercoating and all kinds of bullshit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're kidding! What about some places that offer multiple services? I know around here we have places like that that do tinting, undercoating and all kinds of bullshit.
been calling places and checking but nada is the end result

1 - 17 of 17 Posts