Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these difficult to install? Anything special I will need for install? Will this mess up idle or a/c at all? How much power should I expect from something like this and will it be noticeable?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The power gain isn't noticable at all. If you still want to do them I would recommend breaking the crank bolt loose first. Then the water pump then just pull the Alternator of the car and use an impact gun on it.

I would also recommend not going with the cheap piggy back style setup and using a Steeda setup.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I'll talk to the guy. He didn't specify. What is the difference between the piggy back style and the steeda setup?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The piggy back you are adding a pulley to your existing crank pulley because they dont have a torsion dampner. The steeda pulley completely replaces the crank pulley.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The piggy back you are adding a pulley to your existing crank pulley because they dont have a torsion dampner. The steeda pulley completely replaces the crank pulley.
Ah ok, so how much of a power increase am I looking at? In your opinion are these worth it with no other engine modifications at the moment?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
well if your goal is to add every bolt-on like me then go for it, as for h.p idk hard to tell.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I wish I had spent the money on something else. Especially considering now i can't even use them.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
technically they dont give you horsepower, but they will free horsepower u already have it slows down the rotatin assymbly which frees some h.p up, also your engine will rev up much faster.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hearing some of this I'm probably not going to get them because all I have is midpipe and catback.

·
Registered
218 Posts
they're not bad.. i got the steeda UDP's I think they were one of my first mods... i didnt NOTICE a difference...but im sure it helped a little.. probably if you threw your car on a dyno before and after u would see maybe 2-4HP? maybe a fraction of a better 1/4 mile ET? but for 200$+ you could get a sick CAI or TB...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts