Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2006 Mustang GT, auto trans. No current mods. I was wondering how the udp would affect the performance of the alternator, ac, waterpump and etc? Will their be any noise or vibration problems? Do I really want to underdrive the waterpump? Will underdriving the alternator affect my lights, maybe dimming or my radio volume? For a daily driven car, is installing udp really worth it? How much horse power increase could I expect?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
You wont have any problems with the u/d pullies. The only con I can think of is if you put a supercharger on the car you will need to go back to your stock pullies. I have the Steeda pullies on both of my Stangs. It is a great first mod for you. I say do it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have udp's and i agree, you won't notice a difference in anything. A little performance for the buck and there are no sound issues, or radio issues

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
+1 redfire...but there are no cons to UDP's for N/A daily drivers.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
+1 if anything it will reduce wear on your fead..haha marginally. keeps the motor more stable at the upper reachs of the powerband as well.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
They say that the factory accesories are over-driven and UDPs are actually better for them. Not sure of the truth to that, but that's what I heard.

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everyones response. A mechanic told me that under driving your accessories is acutally bad for them in the long run. I wasn't sure, so thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I absolutely hate UDP's, Not because i like stereos (i never put an aftermarket stereo in my 07) just because its putting less spin on the alternator, i just hate that idea. the only thing i actually like about UDP's is putting less spin on the water pump which actually could help with cooling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Udp's will affect the life of your battery and alternator definitely IMO
and how would this affect the life of your battery and alt? thats my next mod, UDP's! because i have no plans on getting a blower! ever...

·
Registered
144 Posts
^ puts less spin on the alternator which obviously affects battery life

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I've had no problems!! If you decide to go with a UDP be sure you get a one piece like a Roush UDP.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts